Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to take delivery of my new to me silver GT with 43,707 miles on her. I was looking through the v8 threads going back a few months and didn't see any how many miles threads so if I missed the thread I apologize. But how many miles do you have on your v8? With the proper care I'm hoping to get many many miles and years out of this car.

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Just hit 29,150! No problems what so ever

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Welcome to the board and I'm at 56 and some change. There are guys at the 100k marker and are still happy with their rides. Take good care of her and she'll take good care of you . There are a few set backs and recalls. People have had issues with lifter tick ,lower control arms and for me ,a rear main seal leak which is still under warranty. Thank god for that . Good luck with the new ride and drive safe man .

·
Registered
596 Posts
94k and love it so much i repainted it to look as fresh as it drives!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I have 106,xxx miles. I didn't even start modding the car until about 33,000 miles. I put down the #'s in my sig on a notoriously stingy mustang dyno when I had some LT headers installed @ 98,500 miles...so I think it is safe to say these motors run long and strong.

I also have been running 0% torque mgmt and full shift torque on the tranny tune for 70,000+ miles as well w/ no issues really other than 2-3 shift flare which is a factory defect that was covered under warranty. I do not take the car to the dragstrip regularly though.

Change the oil every 5-7,000 w/ synthetic, spark plugs around 100,000, tranny fluid every 50-75,000 and rear diff every 50,000 and you should be all good.

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
I'm currently at 81k. Sadly to say I just put 33k on my car in 1 year(March 2012-March 2013)I'm not really happy about that. About 15-20k is all highway(San Diego CA, Pensacola,FL, Memphis,TN) but at the same time I look at my car motto... CARS ARE MEANT TO BE DRIVEN!!!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I've tripped 59k, but she's just in her prime and I drive her daily like she's meant to be driven.

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
almost 70k. only issue is a small rear seal leak that the powertrain warranty will repair / replace before the warranty is out :)

been modded for 30k of those miles with kooks headers / custom tune / intake.

·
Crimson Cruiser
143 Posts
59300. Daily driver.
I follow the oil sensor and maintenance schedule. Change the cabin fliter so your starting fresh.
Fyi, There is a G8 with over 200k.

·
Registered
47 Posts
33,500 Here. Bought it a few months back with 31,500 and loving every minute of it! Can't wait to get this thing paid off and can afford to make it a little meaner! Better yet ALOT meaner!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Somebody better post in this thread w/ more miles than me or I'll be sad:wink2:

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
200,000 miles?!?!?! thats crazyy, glad to know we have a cars built to last!

·
Registered
845 Posts
200,000 miles?!?!?! thats crazyy, glad to know we have a cars built to last!
Last I heard he was up to 280k, and the trans finally crapped out. Just over 8,000 miles on mine.

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
thats pretty impressive! i wanna know how many 4 dr sports cars last over 250k miles..better yet any sport car lasting over 250k miles haha

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50143

@Wright has posted several awesome pictures of his odometer throughout that thread, it's worth a read all the way through. :D

I don't think that @Wright is down with a blown transmission (although he HAS had it rebuilt once in the past) .... I believe he's still driving the pi$$ out of that car still to this day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
At 42,000 bought it with 22k. No issues to report other than cosmetic, couldn't love my g8 any more! Whatever you do, don't avoid having fun in it. these cars do much more than get you from A to B.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts