Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, How much are you paying for this fine ride?
How much Over would you pay, Dealer Mark-Up/Adjustment/Ass Reaming etc, to have the First G8 in your area?
:aus_flag:

·
Registered
68 Posts
This would be my 13th new GM, and I have never paid sticker, much less "markup" prices....

·
Registered
106 Posts

My limit for the car is 30k and I have to own a GT. Luckily a friends uncle is the finance manager at a GM/Pontiac dealer so ya... He got a brand new 34K CTS for 24K out the door 2 years ago so I'm hoping I can get a good deal too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There might not be much room to move on price by the dealers because GM is concentrating on pulling back the high incentive programs they have had over the years. It will be interesting but if the demand is high and supply is low, we may have to pay full pop!!

I personally could pay more than 30,000 but it would have to be loaded with goodies!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, How much are you paying for this fine ride?
How much Over would you pay, Dealer Mark-Up/Adjustment/Ass Reaming etc, to have the First G8 in your area?
:aus_flag:
Good question....I would never pay more than sticker.

...and to pay sticker, my passion for the car will have to be high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It will be interesting but if the demand is high and supply is low, we may have to pay full pop!!
Pontiac dealers want you to pay full pop even if demand is low and supply is high- see the 3800 GTOs still sitting on dealer lots, with many dealers unwilling to negotiate.

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Dealers will have to be willing to negotiate with me. If they don't want to talk, I'm gone. If I have to drive a ridiculous amount of miles to find a dealer that will sell at my price, then :thumbsup: for them. All of the others can kiss my :bootyshake:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Amen to that. Dealer's reaming suckers has been the demise of far too many good cars...20th Trans am, Cyclone, aw heck. I can't think of any more right now I get so mad thinking about those stupid dealers. I'll walk out on anyone who isn't willing to deal with me no matter how much I like the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Will not pay over MSRP!
Didn't do it on the Solstice GXP, not going to do it on the G8 GT.

If they make a G8 GXP all bets are off about MSRP, but it will be beyond my means anyway!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's the spirit!
I meant to put this in the Lounge, not the Tech Lounge, (Apologies for that). Many of us owned or still own GTO's. We remember the excitement surrounding the 04's, the journey from OZ, and those who paid 38-45K in the midst of the the chaos for the the right the be the first on the block...
Either way, it should be interesting! (grin).

·
Registered
87 Posts
superNoid,

Your comments on CTS pricing are interesting. There must be more to the story than you're revealing here, because no way is there that much profit in a sale (list $34k, sale $24k). I was a salaried GM employee with "brass hat" privileges and put 3500 miles on a $35k CTS a few years ago and bought it for $29k and change. Your buddy must have bought a well-used demo, not a new car with no miles.

To the others:
I'm also a little dismayed about the pricing attitudes surrounding this car. I guess the Charger/300c cars are the best comparisons, but the G8 represents quite a value/dollar purchase. Why should GM have to wheel/deal with pricing to get sales this time? Did Chrysler give great deals on the Hemi 300 and Chargers when they were first on market? No, and they shouldn't have had to, either. The reward for the manufacturers in giving buyers what they desire should be good profits on sales. I don't mean pricing over MSRP, but you shouldn't expect "fire sale" prices, either. Why wouldn't we consider it a "win-win" if the carmakers give us what we want and they make good money doing that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dunno...I plan on getting my Option 1 on it when I walk in, so it *should* be far less than MSRP. We also know someone @ GM Corporate that might be able to get us a good hookup, evidently at some point, he worked on the G8 program when they were still looking at suppliers.

I received some disheartening news yesterday about the future of one of our Saturns. I'm now wondering how much money I'm willing to put into it, versus saving heaps of cash for a downpayment :)

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Amen to that. Dealer's reaming suckers has been the demise of far too many good cars...20th Trans am, Cyclone, aw heck. I can't think of any more right now I get so mad thinking about those stupid dealers. I'll walk out on anyone who isn't willing to deal with me no matter how much I like the car.
Will not pay over MSRP!
Didn't do it on the Solstice GXP, not going to do it on the G8 GT.

If they make a G8 GXP all bets are off about MSRP, but it will be beyond my means anyway!
That's the spirit!
I meant to put this in the Lounge, not the Tech Lounge, (Apologies for that). Many of us owned or still own GTO's. We remember the excitement surrounding the 04's, the journey from OZ, and those who paid 38-45K in the midst of the the chaos for the the right the be the first on the block...
Either way, it should be interesting! (grin).
At some point in time, the volume of sales has to account for something, not just the price they are selling them at. I have always thought that sales volume=better prices from the factory. The better price the dealer pays, the better for us. I could be completely wrong on that thought, but that's just the way I've always thought it went.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If high volume leads to lower pricing, then why aren't they giving away Camrys and Accords?
There not but with there higher resale value there leases are dirt cheap, if you know your investment will be worth something after 3/4 years people don't mind paying retail. When people buy a 33k GTO and cant get 19k two years later THAT scares away buyers IMO

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
25 Participants
I'llBeHoldenOn
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing