Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious....

Anybody in the Houston area??

And by looking at my sig, what do you think my numbers would be.

·
Registered
786 Posts
There have been a couple dyno days recently. 510racing and hpd. I think it was like 2-3 pulls for $40

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 7/8 headers and 3" the rest of the way.

It must be pretty good. The last race I ran was against a 392 challanger and I embarrassed him from a 60 roll and from a dig but I also shift at 7500 which helps. I was thinking more like 450rwhp as well. But I do have quite a big cam.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
1 7/8 headers and 3" the rest of the way.

It must be pretty good. The last race I ran was against a 392 challanger and I embarrassed him from a 60 roll and from a dig but I also shift at 7500 which helps. I was thinking more like 450rwhp as well. But I do have quite a big cam.
Yea with that 3" and sizeable cam it may be more...7500 is freakin screaming! I want to see some videos of this bad boy in action...

Lol @ those challengers! I had a run in with one of the 392's a couple months back, gave him the hit from 70 and put about 2 buses on him to 140...the look on his face as I pulled his doors off was priceless! He lifted his hands up and shrugged, I just through him the peace sign and let the big girl eat!

I've also had the pleasure of embarrassing several of the srt jeep guys, for some reason they think those SUVs are the baddest thing on four wheels to grace this planet...silly mopar guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
Don't waste your money if it's just for numbers. Dyno's are just tools and vary greatly day to day and dyno to dyno.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vid will be coming.

I want to make sure my valve train is dialed in. I had to tear it back down due to some defective lifters so now I'm rebalancing it again.

I took it out last night, sitting at a light and 2 modded honda bikes started jacking with me.No way i could hang with them but i stabbed it anyway. So it takes off and starts revving to about 6500 but im only doing about 45mph in 2nd. I start freaking out........tranny slipping....... something is NOT RIGHT. Then i felt the @ss end wiggle........T/C was off :nuts::judge:.

One thing about not having a stall is that will hook every time, but it breaks traction just at the right speed and rpm in which you cant tell exactly when it does.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing i like about the magnaflow is the tone of the exhaust.It does not have that tinny/raspy sound that i hear in a lot of cars. when opened up,it sounds exactly like the trans am in smokey and the bandit.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't waste your money if it's just for numbers. Dyno's are just tools and vary greatly day to day and dyno to dyno.
Oh i know, but it would be nice to see what ballpark I'm in.

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
Oh i know, but it would be nice to see what ballpark I'm in.
I thought the same thing until I did it and it came back at 286/296. 2-3 days later I went to another shop and pull4d a 346/356. Waste of money.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am assuming your car is already dyno tuned after all those mods...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope , not yet been doing it myself.Getting ready to bring my V.E. back into play as well, would suck to have MAF fail. Also in the process of balancing out the valvetrain so all cylinders are producing the same amount of power.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Nope , not yet been doing it myself.Getting ready to bring my V.E. back into play as well, would suck to have MAF fail. Also in the process of balancing out the valvetrain so all cylinders are producing the same amount of power.
You know a good tuner could do everything for you, 100% in a day, right? And you would also know your hp/tq curves...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im just about to that point.I enjoy doing it and my tune is good but i will take it to a dyno to get the the professional polish...no doubt.

Plus i want to put all that $$$ i put down for HP Tuners to some good use.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What sucks is i will be about 15 minutes away from Pat G. doing some trunaround work at a refinery starting Monday.BUUUUUT since it will be 12hr shifts i will not have time to drop it off:(

·
Registered
652 Posts
Do's Pat G tuning need to be scheduled ahead or can someone just show up? Im also in houston area :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts