Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
i bought an G8 GT with clothes interior witch is doesn't has heated seats so my question is can i install heated seats or not and if its yes how ?

i also found the seats and the heating bottoms but i wanna make sure if they will work​

·
Registered
596 Posts
You would need leather I believe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Front the production side of it even if u got the leathers eats out of a different car an bolted them in the wire harness maybe different (cost savings) an not have the connections for the heated seat. Then Ud have to have them wired in.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
And you would have to change the center console cover with the on and off buttons. Again if all the wires are there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm in the same situation. Looks like a different wire harness is needed but not sure if that is the only issue or if it's just one harness.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I got the production 6 way sliders with all the heater connection stuff on them and we also have production black leather seats with the heaters in them... you would just need to power them... I would guess you already have the connections at the base of the seat but not sure... if you want leather fronts then this would be a good option..... actually G8ray has the seats and was trying to sell them and I have the sliders..... let us know if your interested...

·
BigCasnio
525 Posts
Why don't you just buy aftermarket heated? Thats what I have. Granted I have aftermarket leather interior too but my heated seats are not factory, but I have the buttons mounted near where the stock buttons would be. Super easy to hook up and not that difficult of an installation...assuming you have basic electrical skills.

·
Registered
186 Posts
In my case I already have the heated leather seats installed and purchased the correct 3 button switch but the wiring harness doesn't match up. I may try purchase one from a wrecked car or stop by the dealer and get a part number and look at the diagram and see if I can tell where it terminates and if it would match up on the other end.

·
BigCasnio
525 Posts
In my case I already have the heated leather seats installed and purchased the correct 3 button switch but the wiring harness doesn't match up. I may try purchase one from a wrecked car or stop by the dealer and get a part number and look at the diagram and see if I can tell where it terminates and if it would match up on the other end.

Ah...I see. Good luck!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
186 Posts
It looks like the plug that goes to the switches is part of a main harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why don't you just buy aftermarket heated? Thats what I have. Granted I have aftermarket leather interior too but my heated seats are not factory, but I have the buttons mounted near where the stock buttons would be. Super easy to hook up and not that difficult of an installation...assuming you have basic electrical skills.
How much did it cost you for the heated seats? I have a 2008 Base with leather seats but doesn't have the heated seats. I know I would need to purchase the proper buttons for the center and possibly a harness. But is that all?

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Last seen Sept 2020..

·
Premium Member
8,281 Posts
aabry was last seen January 22, 2018.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Ha, this thread gets older by the minute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts