Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I use to wire brush polish the calipers, then prep the surface, yada yada yada. Then they would get dirty I would clean them up and spend a lot of time on them. I finally got fed up and started rattle can painting them. Looks good, cheap and on all of my cars since I have had nothing but good comments...LOL

·
Registered
895 Posts
Whoa, bad ass ride Evil SS, looks great!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wrote a how-to when I joined but it never got added to the guide section. Look in my history.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cheers napkin. Can anyone confirm if I need to clear lacquer the duplicolor caliper paint?
I have finished the four coats of colour and I'm just waiting for the brembos stickers in the mail. So should I hit them with some lacquer? Or will it stuff the paint

If you are happy with the level of gloss you acheived on your calipers then a clear coat isnt required. If you really want to add one make sure its high temp or it will bake right off. Many of those clear coats require you to spray the clear while your basecoat is still tacky. Depends on the application.

Hope this helps. Car looks great BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.