Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
It was probably because you were still a 'Junior Member'. Once you hit twenty posts you become a 'Member' and get access to some things like posting attachments.
Yea, I knew that was the rule, but I checked after I hit 20 and it still wasn't allowing attachments. I think my question about it was #21 or 22. Right after I posted it the attachment problem cleared up. I guess it just took a little longer for the message to get through. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Does anyone know what image hosting sites keep pics for a long time? Imageshack dumped my sig after a few weeks :(

·
Registered
640 Posts
bump anyone :|| what do you all use for image hosting?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Flicker has a policy that you cant link directly to pictues. If you click "show all sizes" on a photo, it will give you the direct link to a photo, but says not to directly link it.

So there you go. :wink2:

·
GT owner
197 Posts
I'm still having a problem of adding attachments. I'm over 20 posts, but when I do replies, the "go advanced" option does not give me the paper clip icon and the posting rules box at the bottom of the page still says that I may not post attachments. Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Argh tried Flickr and now the sig is gone again. Whats a reliable way to post a decent sized sig pic besides whats built into this forum?? Also TonyLRG8GT nice pic.

·
GT owner
197 Posts
Argh tried Flickr and now the sig is gone again. Whats a reliable way to post a decent sized sig pic besides whats built into this forum?? Also TonyLRG8GT nice pic.
Thanks, hopefully I'll get this attachment thing going one of these days. The way I got that picture in my sig was to create a photo album and then inserted image from that, but I'm suprised I could do that since my sig options say that I can't upload images into my sig. Oh well, they say patience is a virtue...

·
GT owner
197 Posts
testing

·
GT owner
197 Posts
testing again

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nevermind flickr worked fine. Workplace blocked the images...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the info! It amazing how well reading works!

·
Grand Poobah
293 Posts
Having the same issue and can't figure it out. I'm way over 20 posts. What did you do to fix it Tony?

I'm still having a problem of adding attachments. I'm over 20 posts, but when I do replies, the "go advanced" option does not give me the paper clip icon and the posting rules box at the bottom of the page still says that I may not post attachments. Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Having the same issue and can't figure it out. I'm way over 20 posts. What did you do to fix it Tony?
Maybe host your pictures externally and get the direct link to the hosted-picture, then in the advanced editor here, use the toolbar icon that looks like a mountain with yellow sky and grey moon

^^

and then paste in your direct picture link, embedded within your pic.

Here's a sample:

·
Registered
21 Posts
i tried posting pics today and it sad invalid file type. i can post the pics to other sites and forums. but this one says invalid file type? why?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I think pictures need to be in PNG, GIF, or JPG format, the standard formats of the internet these days.

Alternatively, you could host them externally on one of the many popular "picture hosting sites" and then they even provide you the "IMG" tag as part of their interface.

Good luck!

--zepcom

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah they are jpg's but it wont load on here. i'll try loading onto photobucket and see if that changes anything.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts