Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Aussie Hooligan
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick how-to video I whipped up. If you have any further questions, please post here or PM me.

WARNING: Taking apart the unit will void your warranty unless you take extreme care to mask any tampering marks on the screws.

Anyway, on with the show!

-RDCTBR.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I commented on the other thread, but just wanted to thank you for this.

Maybe someone should make a video showing how hard it is to pull the fascia off the dash, since so many people are worried about "just pull"ing.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Bravo. Very nice how-to.

Looking forward to learning more about future how-to's that you may produce in the future. This example was very thorough and easy to understand, even for a novice user.

Glad you're feeling better too. :wink2:

Stickied.

--zep

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice video. I've done that so many times now I could do it in my sleep. Never again though... Oh yeah, what warranty do you speak of? LOL

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Nice video. I've done that so many times now I could do it in my sleep. Never again though... Oh yeah, what warranty do you speak of? LOL
Some fictional word I hear now and then...

I think it's like a unicorn...

Awesome how-to.. thanks.

·
Have Bar Will Travel
716 Posts
Video's been removed? Can someone post one back up,

·
Registered
652 Posts
video removed my owner would like to see video since its in the main area of this forum

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Maybe PM the owner, what he previously posted on a forum has nothing to do with the video source.

It was a well-done writeup, I saw it when it had been up there.

--zep

·
G8/LSX n00b
855 Posts
anyone seen this video??? post a link!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone have a copy of this video? Although I did find a JHP write-up for changing out the "Atari" display, which includes removing the center console/fascia, I'd still like to see the video.

JHP write-up

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had to fix my hazard button today, I read on here how to remove the radio facia by pulling at the bottom of the facia, I tried it 3 times and thought this thing must be screwed in somewhere, So I re read the posts and gave it one more good pull and it finally came out, I think this must have been it's first time off.
I re-glued the switch back in and assembled and got it back in and it works just fine now.
Don't be afraid to give it a good pull just make sure you get your fingers up behind the facia about 1 inch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here I thought my hazard button was the only one jacked up. Guess I'll need to fix it sooner or later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did.....cool. Sent ya a PM!

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
so what happens to the hazard button?
and i have tried pulling the radio face off several times, watched plenty of videos, everyone makes it look so easy. mine is not coming off... the whole thing starts to bend, scares the hell outta me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was worried when I first tried too, I came back online read it again.
Ya just gotta grit ya teeth wrap your fingers up behind the bottom of the fascia and give it a pretty good pull, It will come off. put a little silicone lube on the clips before you put it back together it will come out easier next time (Just a little bit of lube)

·
Registered
32 Posts
No kidding. Scary hard. Found a vid clip. Helped me trust that I wasn't going to break something.

I glued the broken plastic female screw bits of the switch housing with model cement and also braced the back of the screws with some tape. Basically, I folded up two pieces of painters tape sticky side out, to a thickness so that the screws would be squished against the metal back plate, via the wad of tape.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts