Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to fumble around changing fuses, breakers, relays in my efforts to find out why my power windows weren't operating. Thanks to alot of helpful suggestions from Ponyman and Gopherit on here I finally solved the problem. Only thing is, my fat fingers ended up dropping one breaker and one relay down into the dark void below all the fuses, etc., and there's no way to reach down there to retrieve them, so... does anyone know to remove the kick panel that covers everything? I semi-tried brute force by pulling out on it but it didn't budge and I was afraid I was going to just break it.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
They show a 4 step procedure to remove that trim panel. You have to pry up an remove the sill trim panel, pry out the triangle closeout panel on the end of the instrument panel, then grab an pull off that upper trim panel section that has the air grill in it. That will expose a screw at the top an bottom of the kick panel. After removing those screws, they say to raise an pull aft to disengage it from fasteners. But you might have some luck by just removing the sill trim panel an that lower screw from the kick panel. Maybe the bottom of the kick panel can then be flexed in such a way as to gain access to those little items that got away from you.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They show a 4 step procedure to remove that trim panel. You have to pry up an remove the sill trim panel, pry out the triangle closeout panel on the end of the instrument panel, then grab an pull off that upper trim panel section that has the air grill in it. That will expose a screw at the top an bottom of the kick panel. After removing those screws, they say to raise an pull aft to disengage it from fasteners. But you might have some luck by just removing the sill trim panel an that lower screw from the kick panel. Maybe the bottom of the kick panel can then be flexed in such a way as to gain access to those little items that got away from you.
Thanks! Where in the heck do you find info like that?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, you fountain of knowledge, do you happen to know the p/n of the circuit breakers used in that fuse panel?

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ Good find PONY MAN On removing the kick panel, I looked in the service manual on removing an installing interior trim. To remove that desired trim panel, first go to page xxx an remove this item. Then go to page XXX an remove this item. You keep doing this until your eventually led back to the trim piece you actually wanted to remove in the first place. It sure seems to make something simple, very complex. Those 20A C/B's seem to cost a fair amount. Alternate brands from say Autozone etc may also work, an maybe cost a little less. But I would tend to stick with the GM P/N branded unit. Even better, get lucky an retrieve those items that took a dive behind the trim panel.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Most 20 amp circuit breakers will be compatible, but make sure the "prongs" (exposed metal) are an identical length and Bussmann products (if available) are a good choice.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Bussman ACB20 {#BPACB20} or Littlefuse ACB20 {#ACB20BP}. Rock Auto has both albeit Bussman is less expensive, Google 5% off discount. Copy and paste the code in the "how did you dear about us section" for additional savings.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered the Littlefuse one. Should get it in 10 days or less. The slot it goes in controls the power seating positions. I have mine where I like things so there's really no rush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts