Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I hope there isn't an answer out there already cause I call myself looking and I didnt see it. So I figured I would ask it. I have a custom in-take (which is a 90 elbow going to the stock filter box and a drop in K&N oiled filter) and Im running cortex 93 perf. roto fab tune. I just got my Solo mach shorty unbalance cat-back today. Havent put it on yet, and I was wondering if anyone had done a dyno with this similar set-up or just the exhaust. I have never heard anyone say how much gain they picked up from this exhaust, unless they had headers and hf cats. So do anyone have any idea what this cat-back yields other then a killer sound lol. Oh and I cant wait to get this baby installed. Good bye pretty family car and HELLO Mean Muscle Machine. :hail:

·
Registered
608 Posts
My GXP picked up 10 to the wheels with the mach shorty. I would assume it would be about the same for the 09.5's, maybe a little less for 08-09.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok. Sounds good to me. I put on it a little while ago. LOVE IT. Sounds like a car now. I may try to have it dyno'd just for the heck of it. Im curious to see what its producing now. Thanks for that info.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
The real power restriction is the stock cats ... if you step up to the "next level" and go HFC's, you will notice a definite "off the line response improvement" from the HFCs. Even more so with a proper tune and HFC's.

Welcome to the modding world, I really enjoyed developing the solo system for the g8's; it was a blast!

·
GOT VTAK?
689 Posts
The real power restriction is the stock cats ... if you step up to the "next level" and go HFC's, you will notice a definite "off the line response improvement" from the HFCs. Even more so with a proper tune and HFC's.

Welcome to the modding world, I really enjoyed developing the solo system for the g8's; it was a blast!
^^^ Wut He Said :driving:

Love mine and will never change it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess I should start prepping for high flow cats. And Im glad you helped out on the Solo project, this exhaust so great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts