Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,594 Posts
Anyone in or close to SE Iowa that has HP Tuners that could download my trans. tune so I can send it to Century and have it tweaked?

Thanks,
Scott
where at in SE IA? I'll be in Dubuque possibly this weekend. It does cost I believe to pull it from a different car depending on what year your G8 is... WHat about getting the tune BACK on the car after?

· Registered
2,180 Posts
Anyone in or close to SE Iowa that has HP Tuners that could download my trans. tune so I can send it to Century and have it tweaked?

Thanks,
Scott
is it stock? if so they can use a stock tune tweak the tranny parameters, and you can copy over the changes just to that in your existing tune via the "compare file"

where at in SE IA? I'll be in Dubuque possibly this weekend. It does cost I believe to pull it from a different car depending on what year your G8 is... WHat about getting the tune BACK on the car after?
doesn't cost to pull, costs to edit/upload, 2 credits, 100 bucks.

· Super Moderator
2,594 Posts
is it stock? if so they can use a stock tune tweak the tranny parameters, and you can copy over the changes just to that in your existing tune via the "compare file"

doesn't cost to pull, costs to edit/upload, 2 credits, 100 bucks.
Thanks for the info, I'm an owner of HPT but dont actually tune my car, Rick does... So its all new to me.

· Registered
2,180 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm an owner of HPT but dont actually tune my car, Rick does... So its all new to me.
thats easy then;

plug up to your car with the laptop and the dongle, put the key in the on position, turn off your accessories and what not than in the editor go to the top and click read entire, when its done with that it'll ask you to save the file, put it somewhere you can find it and name it current tune or whatever you want to call it. send that file to century...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.