Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High Plains Raceway is going to have two free lapping days this week for 2010 customers and CAMA members:

HPR said:
High Plains Raceway wants to say Thank You and Merry Christmas to all the members of the CAMA clubs and our customers who have not only made HPR possible, but have made it very successful in its first two seasons!

It is with great pleasure that the CAMA Board of Directors announces that there will be two FREE days of Open Lapping during the week between Christmas and New Years.

The free Open Lapping days will be SUNDAY, December 26th and TUESDAY, December 28th. Hopefully this schedule will allow for participation by people who have to return to work during the week, and those who may still have guests in town immediately after Christmas day.

These days will be open to anyone who is a member of any CAMA club or was a customer of HPR in 2010
Both cars and motorcycles are welcome and will be run in separate sessions (minimum of two sessions - cars and bikes, either group will be broken down further if necessary).
Winter schedule - gates open at 9am, track hot from 10-4 with no lunch break.
Ambulance and Corner Workers will be provided as usual.
Raceway Café will be closed so bring snacks and drinks.
Giveaways on both days!

Come on out and say goodbye to 2010 in style at YOUR TRACK, High Plains Raceway!
The track will be open today (Sunday) and Tuesday for anyone that was a customer in 2010 or is a CAMA club member. I'm going to go out (if I can get my HP+ pads on this morning) and try and get in a few laps. :) I'll take some video... Don't know if anyone else will be there but would be cool to run into another g8 member! http://www.highplainsraceway.com if you want more info on the track.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thanks for the invite Tremek...wanna see some pics of your GXP out there...Bandimere needs to do the same since we have no damn snow :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ended up going out and had a good time. Took some pics and video, watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYzmgS7CCuo&hd=1

That's my last outing of the day, buddy is in the car with me. CO and WY people should think about going out there sometime. :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That looks cool Tremek!!
How fast did u get on the long straight? And do you have to do any mods to be able out there??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to hit about 125mph on the back straight when waiting to brake at the limit of what I was comfortable with. Brakes are definitely a weak spot on these things on that track, along with suspension and tires. My wife gave me the green light to get sway bars eventually so hopefully that's the beginning of actually being able to corner in this thing. :)

No mods needed at all to go out, just need a helmet (motorcycle helmet is fine.)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Cool. Sounds like you had a great time. Have fun with the mods!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts