Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a friend talking about HPTuners having the ability to "compare" maps. I should be getting my HPT any day now. Could I just download the Superchips tune I have in the car now to HPT? Then flash the car back to stock with the Superchips Cortex. I would assume I could then disable the cat efficiency code and flash the car, using HPT, with the map from the Cortex. If that works, I could go get the car tuned properly in a week or so. I cant stand the CEL. Since its been on, I cant remote start my car. Very irritating. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Yes, I did this when I first switched to HP Tuners.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woohoo.. it arrived today. I had to make an ISO file because my ultrabook doesn't have an optical drive, but its installed! Now I need to go get the tune off the car & put it back to stock. Then reflash using the HPT with the Cortex's tune.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to load the Cortex tune into HPT. I then flashed the car back to stock with the Cortex. I then went into HPT and disabled 0420 & 0430 to get rid of the CEL from the header install. Now I just trying to get a date set with MASE to get the car tuned. Hopefully I will be able to drive to Jacksonville the fist part of May to get tuned.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
fyi You can clear the codes with the cortex. They come back after a few hundred, just clear them again. The process is much quicker than tuning.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Set to 3 on the DTC and uncheck all sensor 2 o2 codea and you ahould be fine. You may have another code pop up thats like a P1xxx for cat low efficiency.

·
Registered
500 Posts
hi guys

ed: Hijacked my screen name sorry..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts