Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
They look good! Could we get a side shot of them?

I'd like to see how well they fill out the fenders. I'm leaving mine at stock height so I want to see that angle. Thank you very much for the pictures so far!

Have you noticed a decrease in ride comfort?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a side shot. Quick review. These are the HSV replicas from Replicast for those of you that were following the other thread. Had them installed this morning with Toyo Proxes 4+ tires. Went with these tires as this car is still driven daily and needed something with good wet traction and decent wear. I'll put the stockers back on in the winter then a more aggressive summer tire when this becomes my summer only driver. I have new brakes on order so that will look better once they are installed.

As I pointed out in the other thread, one of the wheels did have a crack in the finish near the hub. Replicast was willing to replace but I didn't want to wait any longer. Once they get the wider rears I'll replace that one anyway. I had to get a real close pic to notice. The guys at belle tried to rip them a little for some of the imperfections in the finish. However, looking at the Voxx rims and some of the others with a similar finish I didn't see any blemishes that were not consistant with any other wheel they sold that had similar finish. Replicast customer service has been great so far and George has been very responsive. He posts on this board as well. Any questions fire away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to answer your other questions. Ride comfort is about same as stock. My car is still stock height. Fill fenders alright. I plan to eventually drop the car a little but not a lot. I'm deciding between H&R and Eibach. Eibach is a little less drop but from my reading I think if I do the H&R's with poly bushings I'll be where I want. I don't want to go to low as I don't plan to roll the fenders.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
What is the width on the rears and offset? Photo 1 might just be a bad angle, but it looks like they are tucked in closer to the car than the OEM sport 19s. They are nice wheels for sure! They go well with the PSM :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. They are 8 wide with +45 offset. They don't have the wider rears yet. Hopefully we'll get the 9.5 rears soon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thank you for the additional picture. They do look great on your car.

Thanks. They are 8 wide with +45 offset. They don't have the wider rears yet. Hopefully we'll get the 9.5 rears soon.
Yeah that's what I'll wait for. I've still got some life in my current tires, so I'll wear those down. I'd like to get some 275's on the rear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They look great... Not sure why Pontiac didnt offer those. They just look sooo right on the car.
Yeah I know, the Aussies got all the good wheels for this car. They should have at least made these the GXP wheels. The CTS-V wheels would have been my next choice for the car.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
These look perfect! Im waiting on the 9.5" rears, then ill pull the trigger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts