Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started off with this Engine cover:

But the addition of a Harrop H122 Charger makes it impossible to fit. ANd as I now have a new hood with some serious heat extractors, I need to protect the coilpacks form water ingress.

So down to my local hardware store for $120 worth of Dremel's finest (incl. a Perspex Jigsaw Blade)

Spend two days swearing because you can't feel your fingers (didn't wear wear gloves) because of the flying molten plastic, and have shards of plastic shrapnel in your eyes (because you keep forget to wear your safety goggles) and generally making a mess:

until you finally have something that fits:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm soo jealous... It looks real nice man. I love how we are able to customize these cars even more and fall in love all over again.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
i jizzed in my pants, holy god

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Nice .

·
Enthusiast
965 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing a better pic of the hood too. Beautiful work on the engine cover!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Just to show, your taking shards in the eye was worth it. Sweet as hell...................

·
Registered
479 Posts
WOW I love the hood! Looks sweet! I Also would like pics with the engine covers installed.

·
I'm a Fool for Spool
266 Posts
Those vents would be meat extractors if I saw that thing in person. Wow.. NICE setup.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Yeah, that looks awesome.

BTW, are those TSW Tanakas on your car?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts