Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yeah I'm not impressed Chevy. the camaro hAs been playing catch up since the sixties

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I'm not impressed Chevy. the camaro hAs been playing catch up since the sixties
That is absolutely incorrect. In performance terms the 1993 Z28 ran circles around the 1993 GT. Actually from 1993 - 2002 the camaro out performed the mustang. Ford actually lied about the hp on the mustang one year rating it closer to the camaro until the dynos proved ford overrated it.

In sales the mustang has been historically better, but camaro has outsold it 3 years running.

That said, I hate the current camaro. I owned a 93 and a 99 but I would not even consider the current car. It is too heavy with horrible outward visibility. I have considered the mustang but the rear end really does become a weakness on rough curvy roads. Basically, both current cars are okay but neither is great. I have tested both in an effort to find a fun extra car.

Rumor is that the next camaro will be lighter because it will be built on the alpha platform. I really hope that is true.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Ford lies about things? You dont say. Just like the fine print on the eco boost f150 commericial, best in class fuel economy with their TT V6 compared to Ram 1500s v8..

Im young but since ive been getting into vehicles more i have noticed fords bull**** tactics. Hense my distaste for them. That being said, the new gt500 is pretty slick. But i will never own a ford vehicle.

Sent from my ballin' Galaxy S II

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not true at all. Do you remember any of the Mustangs of the 70's, 80's and 90's? Ford didn't know what they wanted to do with this car, same with the Thunderbird when it was alive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What I would love is for ford to bring the falcon over as a Thunderbird. Then we would have something in our class from ford to really compete against/ have a rivalry with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Wisco.

And as you all can see, the modding has started. I'm sure all they did was change the cam and tuned it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
At least Ford didn't have to discontinue the Mustang :wall:
Correct. Just 30 years of badly made ones.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Thanks Wisco.

And as you all can see, the modding has started. I'm sure all they did was change the cam and tuned it.
Im pretty sure they had to do cam and CNC heads and full exhaust and pulley swap, the list goes on (Everything but stroker or blower swap). Now this mustang doesnt have near those kind of mods.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Saw a ZL1 in person today. It's a mean looking car and it looks like it means business.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Correct. Just 30 years of badly made ones.

Yes because the IROCS are just to muscle car gold standard. Oh and those great looking 93 camaros 4 headlights with water in at least one of them, exhaust ran under ur passengers legs. every part of it rattled. I had a 99 SS and it was junk. would leak from the windows if it rained hard. blind man must have painted it! I also had a 97 cobra which was a much better made car. looking back I wouldn't buy the ss again. I would have bought the cobra.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The ZL1 is the better value. Race tuned, quality part with street comfort. The Mustang will ride like a brick and be twichy and still not out handle or out brake a Camaro. Most roads I drive on do not go in a straight line and are bumpy.

Ford threw this car together quickly... I be leary with the quality.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The ZL1 is the better value. Race tuned, quality part with street comfort. The Mustang will ride like a brick and be twichy and still not out handle or out brake a Camaro. Most roads I drive on do not go in a straight line and are bumpy.

Yea i don't know about the quality. But there's a YouTube video of an older H/C vette beating the new gt500. Imagine that no traction. Maybe if they stop trying to wave around i have the most horsepower my package is bigger than yours they could make a quality ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
I think for the ZL1's price that really went cheap on the interior. The looks and function of the interior on the GT500 seem to be way better.

·
Registered
838 Posts

How does one throw a car together when the chassis is7+ years old and have tweaked it year after year?

The GM bias is strong in here

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yea i don't know about the quality. But there's a YouTube video of an older H/C vette beating the new gt500. Imagine that no traction. Maybe if they stop trying to wave around i have the most horsepower my package is bigger than yours they could make a quality ride.

So you're telling me a substantially lighter and more aerodynamic car won? You cray

21 - 40 of 43 Posts