Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What fuse controls the third brake light. Mine is not working and I want to try to see if it’s the fuse that is burnt out.

·
every village has one
2,364 Posts
check your manual or fuse box covers

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
410 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Unsure how the third brake light is tied into the electrical system. If no other electrical issues are present, then the problem could very well lie either somewhere between the wiring harness and the light itself.

Reactions: Ramblerman

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
^^^^^^ That sounds about right. There is one power wire coming out of the BCM, an "it" supplies the power to all 3 brake lights. Get a couple of friends, an turn on the ignition to the aux position. Have one step on the brake pedal, the second friend verifying which lights come on. If the left an right sides work correctly, thump on the housing surrounding the high brake light assembly. See if any of the led's ever try to illuminate within that assembly If no go, you either have a broken power wire to the light assembly, faulty ground return wire going from it, or the strip itself has suffered a damaged printed circuit board.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What fuse controls the third brake light. Mine is not working and I want to try to see if it’s the fuse that is burnt out.
not sure of the Fuse controls but I just ordered a replacement LED strip from CARID. It's not cheap; like $80 of $90 but after watching a couple of YouTube videos felt comfortable replacing it myself. Just my 2-cents.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Unsure how the third brake light is tied into the electrical system. If no other electrical issues are present, then the problem could very well lie either somewhere between the wiring harness and the light itself.
The 3rd brake light strip went bad in my Magnetic Gray Base. No problem in changing it out. Cost around $85 US. Then the 3rd light went out in my Liquid Red Base. When I went to replace it, I found the connector in the truck was disconnected. I'd had a bunch of stuff in the trunk a few days before and must have snagged it. Cheap fixes do happen, even with a G8!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts