Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the dealers. Maybe we can sticky this for anyone about to buy a G8, used or new. To help these dealers :0

I am about to buy a g8. I know what I want in it. I don't care if its used/new.

G8 GT, or GXP, once I find out if I can afford the payments :)
Less than 2k Miles.
Sunroof
19 inch wheels
Blaupunk sound package
Under 28k if Its new, under 23k if used.
White outside, onyx inside, i'll take the red/onyx if just pure onyx is unfindable.
Certifiable for the 48/48, or whatever GM is offering now.

Thanks to any dealer who can give me leads, or have that car already. I am ready to buy. I am willing to drive, but I live in South Carolina (Charleston area)

If this becomes a sticky, dealers can see what buyers are wanting and cater to their needs :)

thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love to help you so here is the reality of it. Payments you should know by getting preapproved with your bank or credit union. Do not rely on a dealer they will want to make money from the financing ( I am a dealer so I know).....You need to know your payment budget.....A GXP is out of the question, you are going to pay over 40k without question and they are only out in 2009 so if it is used beware....For a 2008 GT you might be able to find a car used for somewhere in the 22-24k price range with miles in the teens. A new one is going to run you in the 28+ range for a new 2008 if you can find one. Right now the best deal going is on the 2009 new because through the end of the month there is 0% financing which can save you a bundle however the price is going to be in the 33-34k range which you can take a calculator and divide the amount you are going to finance by 60 months. Hope I was some help. If you want an 09 let me know

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love to help you so here is the reality of it. Payments you should know by getting preapproved with your bank or credit union. Do not rely on a dealer they will want to make money from the financing ( I am a dealer so I know).....You need to know your payment budget.....A GXP is out of the question, you are going to pay over 40k without question and they are only out in 2009 so if it is used beware....For a 2008 GT you might be able to find a car used for somewhere in the 22-24k price range with miles in the teens. A new one is going to run you in the 28+ range for a new 2008 if you can find one. Right now the best deal going is on the 2009 new because through the end of the month there is 0% financing which can save you a bundle however the price is going to be in the 33-34k range which you can take a calculator and divide the amount you are going to finance by 60 months. Hope I was some help. If you want an 09 let me know
Yeah, I figured the payment on a GXP would be around 600-700 hands down. So yeah now that you put it that way.

Unsure if a dealer would let one go for 39k out the door but its worth a shot ^_^

My 22-24k would be used, if new I think i'd be willing to obviously go higher :)

Im heading to Mcelveen Pontiac Buick GMC Hummer in a few min's to test drive another one (will be my 3rd time :D) I love the g8 :D

But I am willing to drive for a better deal. Or fly

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mcelveen.com%2F&ei=gjHnSbGjCJfItgfJoemTBg&usg=AFQjCNH_TCjnDt1MFKjuLq3sY0HXX3q_bg&sig2=T08fMqFh3M4NK7x7EHuSyQ

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, I figured the payment on a GXP would be around 600-700 hands down. So yeah now that you put it that way.

Unsure if a dealer would let one go for 39k out the door but its worth a shot ^_^

My 22-24k would be used, if new I think i'd be willing to obviously go higher :)

Im heading to Mcelveen Pontiac Buick GMC Hummer in a few min's to test drive another one (will be my 3rd time :D) I love the g8 :D

But I am willing to drive for a better deal. Or fly

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mcelveen.com%2F&ei=gjHnSbGjCJfItgfJoemTBg&usg=AFQjCNH_TCjnDt1MFKjuLq3sY0HXX3q_bg&sig2=T08fMqFh3M4NK7x7EHuSyQ
You should talk to [email protected], he will get you the best deal, look at some of his threads

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Frank, Why do I need to beware of a used GXP?...Please let me know as I am looking for one since no one will sell me a new one(I'm in Canada)

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
What he means is since teh very first GXP was only just delivered mid-January the chances of a used GXP being stolen, wrecked, raced to death, flood or shipping damage, or other catastrophic event are very high. Yes, there are always a few individuals that buy a car, it doesn't fit or fit their budget and they end up trading or selling after 3 months, but it is a rare event.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I can appreciate that. But I would hope that if I purchased a used one from a GM dealer it would be ok... ?

·
QWIK
422 Posts
Im also in Canada and curious about finding a used GXP. I was thinking about waiting till next year just because there should be more selection. But of course if the right opportunity came up....

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just to let you guys know from my own experience, the dealers right now want basically the same money for a used GXP as you can get a new one for if you shop around. For the very small difference in price just get a new one.

·
QWIK
422 Posts
General Motors won't let U.S. dealers sell new vehicles to Canadians. :whine:
I'd rather have one with zero miles but because of this policy, I'll eventually have to settle for a used one....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
TryMe
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing