Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased an 09 G8 GT. I love the car and don't really have any complaints other than Bluetooth inop. From what I have read, I will need to buy more equipment to make the bluetooth work? The owner's manual tells how to pair a device with the radio, but this does not work. The owner's manual does not say "if bluetooth equipped", so I am assuming that Bluetooth is standard. Is GM going to be able to help me?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not standard, it was added in the middle of the 2009 model year. If you press the voice button and hear "Ready", you have bluetooth. If you Press the button and hear "Onstar Ready", you don't have bluetooth. Some other things you can check for are the pop out cup holder in the rear seat cushion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When you fold down the middle of the rear seat if it has cup holders you have blue tooth and a 2009.5. If not you have a 2009.1 and no blue tooth

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
2009.5 cup holders are in the front of the seat bottom, not the ones in the fold down armrest. If it's not there, no bluetooth.

·
Registered
387 Posts
2009.5 cup holders are in the front of the seat bottom, not the ones in the fold down armrest. If it's not there, no bluetooth.
Dammit, I got all giddy when I read his post and then the next comment down is you flushing all happiness down the drain with a good dose of reality...:whine:

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah, I bought my car under the impression is had bluetooth, at the time I didnt know how to check, I just saw the buttons, and the salesman said it did.

Im curious as to what exactly is needed to upgrade

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Dammit, I got all giddy when I read his post and then the next comment down is you flushing all happiness down the drain with a good dose of reality...:whine:
Sorry brotha!

·
Registered
935 Posts
This is the GM box that was fitted to the 2009.5 G8's

It will need to programmed and will replace your existing unit in the trunk and then it will give you the real GM Bluetooth experience. (Really good)

Plus it will also have the original Onstar functionality should you subscribe to that.

Sheffield Steve that link shows a module under the dash. I don't see it labeled as a costar or anything else. I thought the costar replaced the onstar box in the trunk, no?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks card21doc and Sheffield Steve. I guess I saw the rear view mirror on th door in the diagram and thought it was the front. Is the programming included from that seller?

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I know this is not directly related to the bluetooth problem, but I will say (my opinion),that all cars *do not* have any cup holders in the fold down arm rest. However *all cars* do have 2 cup holders in the center fold down seat back section. An the 09.5 cars added to that, the additional 2 cup pop out assy installed and centered in the leading edge of the rear seat cushion.

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
If you want to really know if you have Bluetooth. Open the trunk and look at the Onstar box on the left side under the deck lid. If there is a flat rectangular antenna attached to the box, you have Bluetooth. Standard Onstar boxes have four connections. Bluetooth/Onstar have five.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.