Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving back from work on this nice morning with nothing but pitch black, trees, and me. Enjoying Macklemore's cd The Heist which by the way has some good songs I reccomend checkin it out. See a car up the way with some BRIGHT ass blue lights, waiting to pull out of another desolate, lightless road. I payed no attention until it pulled out and came screaming up on my ass.

He's riding my bumper as if he's preparing to pass, but no traffic in sight so why not pass me? Rides my ass with his stupid obnoxiously bright output lights and I'm beginning to get frustrated. Finally come up to a stop sign with a street light, and just like that, my agitation turns to excitement when I see the "M" badge on the grill flash from the street light.

You all know the feeling, perking up, eyes widen, and feeling the blood start to flow. I'm turning a quarter mile up to get on the interstate hoping for this "M" to join me. My prayers were answered hallelujah!

I creeped onto the interstate to about 40mph and this cat rolls up next to me, pacing me, stabbin the gas, he's ready, and so am I. I flipped over to S mode, preceded to honk off slowly 1.... 2.... 3.

I ripped this clowns car so hard I was shocked, stomped his ass by at least two busses. I shut down at 130, in my process of slowing down he came screaming up again, got on my ass, then slowed down again. I figured he wanted to go again. I slowed way up but he matched my slow down and wouldn't line up.

An exit comes up and with no hesitation he mashes it, cuts to the left lane, cuts me off, and just barely makes his exit. But then I saw what shocked me back to reality in the most unfortuante of ways..

What I thought was a mid 2000s blacked out/ red "M" was just a black/red 330xi with a M badge on the front..

I WANT MY ****ING GAS BACK! measly ass 3.0L v6.. I'm extremely disheartened. I felt defeated in a way, I'm not even proud of puppy kicking this clown regardless of his horrible driving etiquette. Alas hopefully you all enjoyed the story.. as for me, well I'm going to bed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Who do you have your tune through Wisco?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Did you make it to the thrift shop????.....lol

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
The easy way to tell for the e46 m3 bmw is if it has vents in the location our side turning lights are.

I use to own a SMG M3, and the G8 is faster stock. Just FYI. However, I was WAY faster around the track in the M3 than the G8.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Great write up Wisco. Stuff happens..... Still a good kill.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Sounds like that BMW couldn't rock the flannel zebra jammies his mom dressed him in!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who do you have your tune through Wisco?
Pat G

Did you make it to the thrift shop????.....lol

Maybe so but he had to spend that 20 dollars in his pocket on the gas burnt racing the beemer.

Sounds like that BMW couldn't rock the flannel zebra jammies his mom dressed him in!
He didn't know how to rock a wolf on his noggin.. so I rocked that mutha ****a.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. I'd like to drive an M3... I hear they are amazing in their feedback.
They are very fun and pretty explosive around autocross. The only thing that was scary is the tail whip and how quick it can come back on you if you're not ready for it.

I was finishing a run pushing the car purely for fun, not to win, but I was making pretty dang good time. The last major corner, before some gates that switched back and forth, was a wide sweeper. I pushed really hard through it accelerating through the corner causing the car to drift. I came up on the first gate, still drifting... it was about 5 gates so close together, that I was just rotating the car back and forth, barely missing the cones... still drifting rotating the car with the drift (not turning).

I got to the finish line and could no longer control the rear end because of how hot it was. Tail whip hit me really hard and I ended up spinning out backwards through the finish line. I've never heard the sound of a stadium clapping for me before, but it sounded like it that day. Crazy how many people came up to me after that run and soon started watching future events I'd race at. The owners of the events were a little mad and asked me to knock it off. But, I just kept having fun. :)

Out of all the times for someone to snap a picture of me, it was that moment. I ended up get 7th place (backwards I might add) out of 75+ cars. The cones are the finish line. (Not to steal the OP's thread). But at least I can point the vents out in the picture so you can tell from the side next time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What I thought was a mid 2000s blacked out/ red "M" was just a black/red 330xi with a M badge on the front..

I WANT MY ****ING GAS BACK! measly ass 3.0L v6.. I'm extremely disheartened. I felt defeated in a way, I'm not even proud of puppy kicking this clown regardless of his horrible driving etiquette. Alas hopefully you all enjoyed the story.. as for me, well I'm going to bed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I call that getting swindled and pimped. I call that getting tricked by a tuner (****)

They are very fun and pretty explosive around autocross. The only thing that was scary is the tail whip and how quick it can come back on you if you're not ready for it.

I was finishing a run pushing the car purely for fun, not to win, but I was making pretty dang good time. The last major corner, before some gates that switched back and forth, was a wide sweeper. I pushed really hard through it accelerating through the corner causing the car to drift. I came up on the first gate, still drifting... it was about 5 gates so close together, that I was just rotating the car back and forth, barely missing the cones... still drifting rotating the car with the drift (not turning).

I got to the finish line and could no longer control the rear end because of how hot it was. Tail whip hit me really hard and I ended up spinning out backwards through the finish line. I've never heard the sound of a stadium clapping for me before, but it sounded like it that day. Crazy how many people came up to me after that run and soon started watching future events I'd race at. The owners of the events were a little mad and asked me to knock it off. But, I just kept having fun. :)

Out of all the times for someone to snap a picture of me, it was that moment. I ended up get 7th place (backwards I might add) out of 75+ cars. The cones are the finish line. (Not to steal the OP's thread). But at least I can point the vents out in the picture so you can tell from the side next time.

Haha good story. I bet you wish you had a go pro for that run.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
I call that getting swindled and pimped. I call that getting tricked by a tuner (****)

Haha good story. I bet you wish you had a go pro for that run.
I'd give anything to have a recording of it. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts