Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Just in case. Currently, Amazon has the stock fuel injectors for $35 each. AcDelco 217-2425 (12576341) General Motors original equipment.

Reactions: silly0582

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Alright so this am I tried a final confirmation for leaky injectors. It was 34 degrees. I hooked up the fuel pressure gauge saw pressure was at 0, turned key to on position 2 times to prime system saw it come to 60 psi. Started right up. Had very minor hesitation but I believe that was from the fuel that leaked into the cylinders.

Also in engineering mode wouldn’t the instant fuel be a reference for the fuel regulator. So when you punch it the fuel ratio/hour should greatly increase than once you let off the throttle it should drop. If the regulator is operating properly. Is my thinking correct on that?

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Instant fuel in engineering mode is reading gallons per hour or something to that end.

Reactions: silly0582

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well I might have a pressure gauge issue. I was able to start and idle no issue & the gauge read 10psi. I’m going to compare the gauge to my other car and see what happens.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Resistance is between 13.0-13.4 between the 8 injectors. So it appears to not be an electrical issue. Next step will be to pull fuel rail/injectors see if they leak after a few hours.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
361 Posts
Did you re-flash your tune?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Reflashed the tune. Not a noticeable difference. Going to check again tomorrow morning than checking for leaky injectors.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
361 Posts
AFR issue?, but then again what changed if it was good before right.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
This is the point you have to get your hands dirty. With leaking fuel injectors, those cylinders will run rich. If one cylinder is rich, the rest of the cylinders in that bank will be lean. Cylinders that are too lean cause hesitation. If the engine is flooding when it is shut off for a period, that’s is 100% proof that and injector or injectors are leaking. How else does the gas get into the engine? If the pump assembly was allowing the fuel to flow back to the tank, you would have a slight delay building fuel pressure. Afraid to pull the fuel rail and injectors? Pull the spark plugs, the leaky injector should make that cylinders plug black or at least darker than the rest. The lean ones will be cleaner. This is Not a computer problem so scanners won’t find it. You have to take things apart to find some problems. A leaking injector does not mean it has to be replaced, may just needs cleaning and the filters replaced. General maintenance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well pulled the fuel rail & injectors. Put bags under the injectors & Primed the system to see about a leaky injector. So far nothing and it’s been a couple hours.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts