Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Yes thays where it should be no issues with it. Im experimenting with a tune and mine idles the same. The tune is experimental but so far its working great on my V6. More details soonn

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes thays where it should be no issues with it. Im experimenting with a tune and mine idles the same. The tune is experimental but so far its working great on my V6. More details soonn
What tune do you have? I know mace has one but they don't do 5 speed trans.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Overkill tune . Its still being worked on got a few issues to work out still and the trans tune works great. Its new so theres still a couple bugs to work out before he releases it to everyone else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice! So will it be a program tuner we can do right at home? Any noticeable gains in hp and tq. I'm hoping it comes out soon.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Yes alot noticable shift point are different a little more smoother,Throttle response is amazing, Its not such a dog on take off.
When we figure it out 100% were going to dyno it on stock tune,89 tune,and 91 tune.
It does eat up more gas but to me its worth it I will keep in touch and let you know as i get more info. But yes very noticable One of the GT guys was behind me and he said it definitely was faster than stock so only the numbers will tell .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks man. Getting more power is worth it in the end for me as well. I'm not too worried about it. You know a ballpark price for the tune?

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
He hasnt said yet how much. But it wont be outrageous He will let me know when he gets mine 100% He will tell us. I dont even know lol. ya cant wait to dyno it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hell yeah man I already tried having one of my buddies crack the ecu a few weeks ago and he's still wanting to try and get into it. But as long as this tune comes out I have a free dyno run on him. I talked to him about it this morning and he's just as pumped as me. He owns a gt and wants to see what our ly7s can put out. According to the Aussies it's definitely got potential.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Hell yeah man I already tried having one of my buddies crack the ecu a few weeks ago and he's still wanting to try and get into it. But as long as this tune comes out I have a free dyno run on him. I talked to him about it this morning and he's just as pumped as me. He owns a gt and wants to see what our ly7s can put out. According to the Aussies it's definitely got potential.
She feels great so far I will update soon going to see him on sunday to tinker with it somemore.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Will see how well the tune goes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts