Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what it is around here in the metro Detroit area, but lately it seems quite a few of these new V6 pony cars think they are V8's and picking fights. Now, granted, the new V6's are impressive (and even as good or better than some V8's from the early 90's), but the new V8's are even more impressive.

I had this White Challenger V6 giving me fits this morning on the freeway, the guy had some kind of control complex or something, you know, driving in the left lane 5mph under the speed limit, pacing cars and trucks next to him to not let you by, etc. So when things did open up and we hit the same ramp to another freeway, I had managed to get in front of him. Then he starts tailgating me, road rage style. When we get onto the other freeway, he punches it and looked like he wanted to zip around me and cut me off again. It turns out he wanted to race? Seriously? OK, fine...hammer down, bus lengths, left him standing still, run it out...and got away from the guy. Bet he won't pick on a G8 any time soon again.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Sounds like a road-rage moment to me and those can escalate pretty quickly...hate those moments.

But good job on putting him to bed.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I could not agree more! Whenever I see a V6 camaro, challenger, mustang I think to myself "hey nice V6," they dont really have a big horsepower car. Yes the V6's are impressive but no contest to V8's.

Loved the end of the story too btw, "OK, fine...hammer down, bus lengths, left him standing still, run it out...and got away from the guy." hahahaha

·
Registered
371 Posts
Stock for stock I think a V6 stang has a pretty good shot at a g8 gt

I know the 0-60 on both is rated very low 5s. Not sure about the quarter mile...I'm sure the G8 kills it on the top end.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock for stock I think a V6 stang has a pretty good shot at a g8 gt

I know the 0-60 on both is rated very low 5s. Not sure about the quarter mile...I'm sure the G8 kills it on the top end.

Well, it was a Challenger, not a Mustang. I still hold probably at least a full second advantage on both a V6 'Stang and Camaro. I think that Challenger is probably a mid to high 14's at best car. There is a good chance that the Challenger pilot had no idea what he was messing with anyways, so I would cut him that break.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
5.7sec 0-60, low 14's in the 1/4th for the mustang. The Challenger is even slower. You'll have no problem with any of them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well, it was a Challenger, not a Mustang. I still hold probably at least a full second advantage on both a V6 'Stang and Camaro. I think that Challenger is probably a mid to high 14's at best car. There is a good chance that the Challenger pilot had no idea what he was messing with anyways, so I would cut him that break.
The v6 Camaro is a good deal slower then the mustang and I believe the the challenger with a 6 has to be embarrassingly slow.

The numbers I found on the v6 stang were 5.1 to 60mph and 13.7 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Way to slaughter. Maybe he has horrible racing etiquette ,thinking that by being a douche he'll get you to run. He got his wish huh. I can't stand being tail gated and would a hammered down when I got in front of him. Make em disappear.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Correction, a race with a new v6 mustang w/ performance package would be a good race for a stock G8 GT. Without the performance package they really aren't worth it. There are quite a bit of low 13, upper 12 second V6 mustangs around and some in the 11s.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Maybe from a stand still, but from a roll or full quarter mile, 104mph trap speeds trump 100mph trap speeds every time. Would a stock G8 run away with it? No, but it's a clear win.

Besides...I'm not stock.
Are there any stock G8's left lol.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Offspring's Bad Habit.
LMAO, I was thinking the exact same thing.

MI is dangerous... I hated living up their with those retards. Most people cannot drive, but they act like they can, and they do it with road rage.

I used to work on the computer systems for the court system in Saginaw & Bay City. The stories I could tell, but there is one that always made me re-think battling it out on the hwy.

2 guys were literally RAMMING each other at 70+MPH from Saginaw to Bay City... because one dude cut the other off and the other one flipped the bird. From there, it was a battle until the police caught them. :eek:ldfogey:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LMAO, I was thinking the exact same thing.

MI is dangerous... I hated living up their with those retards. Most people cannot drive, but they act like they can, and they do it with road rage.

I used to work on the computer systems for the court system in Saginaw & Bay City. The stories I could tell, but there is one that always made me re-think battling it out on the hwy.

2 guys were literally RAMMING each other at 70+MPH from Saginaw to Bay City... because one dude cut the other off and the other one flipped the bird. From there, it was a battle until the police caught them. :eek:ldfogey:
Yeah, it's pretty bad. You can't pass anyone without them getting pissed off, kind of like this guy...bunch of control freaks who worry about everyone else but themselves. I have learned to get away from these crazy nut jobs as soon as I can. I had a guy swerve across three lanes of traffic once to "pretend" side-swipe me...only he miscalculated and took off the front end of my G8:nuts:. Called police, pulled over in a lot, the guy tried to approach me, told him stay put, which he did, police came, he went to jail. He wasn't the tough guy he thought he was when he was behind the wheel. All because I passed him on his right supposedly. He told the police he was upset I was speeding and passed him. He was going 5mph under in the left lane, just like this hero in the Challenger.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
What an idiot! I'm surprised you kept your cool in that predicament! That would be pretty difficult not to get out and start beating his ass!

·
Arrival
183 Posts

'nuff said.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What an idiot! I'm surprised you kept your cool in that predicament! That would be pretty difficult not to get out and start beating his ass!

Well...having been a former Federal Agent with the Department of Homeland Security, it wouldn't have been worth it to attack him. Also, I was carrying at the time and didn't need to escalate the confrontation and end up in bracelets myself. Besides, it's satisfying enough to know the courts would mess him up more than I ever could. He was arrested that day, lost his job because he was a no show, he made bail the same day, but his case took almost 4 months to work its way through the court, who knows what a lawyer cost him. And then he ended up on one year probation. Reporting to a probation officer isn't fun from what I hear.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
I rented a '14 mustang v6 a few weeks ago hoping it would satisfy my need for muscle and I was very disappointed. Stock g8 gt would beat these no problem. Reading the mags doesn't tell u what the real story is. Modded they probably can get fast but stock they are dogs

1 - 20 of 76 Posts