Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sleeper6
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I created this thread so V6 owners that are tired of getting laughed at and stomped on by V8 owners :slap: can learn there is still hope. Anyone with a V6 that modded their car for performance is welcome to reply on how they made their build. If you can, tell us the what, how, IMOs, problems / successes, experience, etc of your custom build.
:soapbox:
I would like to keep this thread organized so people can easily distinguish between CUSTOM BUILD posts and (Question/Comment) posts.

·
Registered
422 Posts
No hate for V6's. They are great looking cars and still RWD, plus the V6 has higher specific output (hp / displacement) than either the L76 or the LS3.

They probably weight a little bit less than the GT or GXP also, depending upon trim. Weight reduction is good for accel, braking, handling, mileage.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I prefer the looks of the V6 G8 to the stock 18" GT. In fact, much so that I have many elements of v6ers in my car itself.

I have met up with several V6ers who have done modifications very tastefully done, not necessarily performance modifications since the Bosche ECM that drives the V6 engine is different (and not very easy to reverse-engineer ECM parameters with unauthorized equipment like HPTuners or other programming tools) than the Delco E38 ECM that drives the GM LS engines (including L76 and LS3), so that somewhat limits performance modifications.

But I have heard of incremental benefits of a CAI and a few others.

Aside from all the v8'ers who love to jump at the chance to say "shoulda gotten a v8, lol" ... you won't find that from me! :)

--zepcom

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I like the V6 wheel over the 18" GT wheel, maybe even the 19"...just a nice wheel, considered a premium wheel in Aus.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I think i have the best from all three, the v6 rims and door handles that she had from day one. GT tails and GXP diffuser. As far as preformance we are limited, there a few of us that have just about maxed her out. Hazer has done the most,he is pushing 242 in H.P.I'm not far behind him at 223, check some of the v6ers profile and you will find there isn't much we can do. As far as the "chip" that promises 50 or 60 horse is just that horse poop...

·
sleeper6
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, im looking into a supercharger, chip, tune, and or CAI, upgraded headers, exhaust, cats, and a few other goodies, I think when im done ill have pushed the limit a bit higher than 242. Not outdoing anyone, but my purpose is making a sleeper 6. =) random question, green or blue tint? Im not into 35% black tint and that stuff.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
I love my V6 i havent been beaten by a beamer yet and my wife hasnt lost either. Great having a car wife. lol
I be modding mine over the winter specs to come

1 - 8 of 8 Posts