Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy in about a few thousand mile my car will be getting a tune up. I was thinking of maybe installing performance wire with my some good spark plug to go with it. One of my friends recommended that if I installed performance wire then I was going to need after market ignition coils. My question is, will performance wire damage the car? and is absolutely necessary to have after market ignition coils with performance wire?

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
My thought is--- Just how bad is your car running, to think you need to have performance wires substituted for the OEM wires ? Then to maybe add (supposedly) more powerful coils ? I suppose if you have absolute proof that adding those things will pay dividends, then do it. As fast as these cars are, and as reliable as the OEM ignition is, I sure can't see any reason to mess with it, let alone change anything other than plugs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks man. Ruby is my first performance car and I'm being very careful on what I add to the car. I'm trying to avoid arbitrary parts and ideas that some people have. Thanks man this sure cleared things up. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts