Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going west bound on I459 between trussville and Hoover and seen it going in the other direction. It was silver.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
First SS spotted in the USA is in 'bama? Maybe a GM exec car already in use? Don't think any will be in country until sometime after July, from what I've read, but who knows?:wink2:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking. I work for Mercedes Benz and they do that all the time with brand new models. They have people drive them to California and back 6 months before they hit the dealers.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
There are new Impalas driving around, remember the placement of the front Chevy logo. They look similar.

Not saying that happened to you, but it happened to me.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said I'm 90% sure. I knew it was the same size car as mine and no Malibu. There's always that possibility it was not.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I was in the US in May on vacation & driving through Death Valley I was
almost 100% certain that two passed me near Badwater Basin. Silver & Dark Blue
sedans. Wanted to turn around & chase but the cook wasn't the least bit interested
in looking at cars instead of the scenery......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just an fyi, I was on the hot rod power tour last week (Alrington, TX to Charlotte, NC) and GM was driving this on the tour:

There is clearly at least one in the country. Upon close inspection, the styling of the car doesn't do it for me and the interior is too "fancy" looking. I know that will be appealing to a lot of people, but it doesn't do it for me at all....

I'm happily keeping my G8...

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
idk, it looks pretty good actually. id love to see one up close

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea it's starting to grow on me. Still not enough to get rid of the GT for one though

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
i still want a gto =D

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would believe it, my uncle works for GM and says they have GM guys drive them all around the country to make sure they last and find any problems they might have not foreseen, before the public gets them. Cant wait to see one in person!

About 3-4 weeks ago I saw a C7 vette in black/white camo with a manufacture plate on it. It was sweet! Couldnt get a picture because it was going the other way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was leaving the Detroit Tigers game Tuesday night and just crossing Gratiot when I see a profile of a G8, but with a different rear end as it turned onto Beaubien. I am positive it was a SS. We all know what they sound like accelerating away and even my girlfriend who couldn't care less asked if it was a G8.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were Chevrolet SS pre-production cars. I have applied with GM to get one of these cars to be in attendance this year at G.O.N.E. I am keeping my fingers crossed, and they will let me know as soon as they confirm the vehicles locations and schedules.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were Chevrolet SS pre-production cars. I have applied with GM to get one of these cars to be in attendance this year at G.O.N.E. I am keeping my fingers crossed, and they will let me know as soon as they confirm the vehicles locations and schedules.
would be really cool to get one that is NOT grey. jus sayin lol

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
would be really cool to get one that is NOT grey. jus sayin lol
I agree, but I will happily accept whatever GM is willing to provide, LOL!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My gals been taken with the styling of them, says she may even move from her caddy to one... That's saying something. I'd love to see on in that stride blue-ish color they are supposed to be using. Since she says she wants a blue car eventually.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts