Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to the boards and currently live Greenville SC (via Wisconsin go Brewers). I've been in the market for a car for the last few months and was just going to get the ol 4-banger easy on gas runner. Then I saw a G8 on the road and pretty much forgot they even made them lol I've always been a BIG Pontiac guy since my very 1st car a 89 Grand Am(that a tree ran out in front of).

I've been looking for a G8 for a few months and almost settled on a base but held out and got rewarded:thumbsup:.

I'm about a week away from delievery of a 2008 G8 GT(about time). I'm pretty much the worse car buyer ever. It was sold as soon as I turned the key and heard that rumble. :driving:

Everything is pretty much stock except an air intake, a full dual exhast and some wheels. The guy I'm buying from says it is currently putting out close to 400hp right now.

Its got 65k and every available option, leather moon roof ect(wtf is with no spare tire?:whine:) I think I got a good price on it $15k. Not a clean car fax but ya gotta give a little to get a little lol

I'll be looking for a set of GT wheels and tires if someone in my area has something available.

Any quick easy mod sugestions will be welcome. Not a big gear head so make them easy :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Was he talking HP at the wheels or the crank? If it's at the wheels it likely has a cam and tune... Hopefully it's not locked.

As for wheels, there's a ton of aftermarket wheels that look better than the stock 19" sport wheels, but everyone's opinion is different.

As for mods your best bet is to figure out if you want more handling or more straight-line power. Different paths = different mods. :) Not to say you can't do a little in each category though...

·
GOT VTAK?
689 Posts
Welcome and congrats you will love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.