Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Damn, I guess I oughta' check in more often. You develop other interests, and when you check back in it's like there's been a junta. Did ya'll gather all the guys I knew, march them out and execute them or what? Anyway, I'm still here, still have the MGM, 83K, still driven once a week, to church, spoiling for a race all the way there and back, STILL can't get those Philistines in their 5.0's to race. Best car I ever bought. Original owner. Still not a leak anywhere. Still a hint of leather and new car smell...I SWEAR! Never had to take it back to the dealer when in warranty. Other than the headers/intake/tune, she is exactly like she sat when I drove her off the lot. Same fluids. (Did change the spark plugs though.) And she is still a national record holder and always will be. That's the main reason I never installed all those parts I've been buying over the last ten years. BUT...that is about to change...it's on:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Yea. Its not the same here. I hop on here and there these days. don't post much. Guess because I haven't been doing much. Still loving mine as well. Did have the rear main seal leak but thank God it was under warranty at the time. Safe driving and keep enjoying that ride. 🙂

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. Meth lab. Now THAT is funny! You know, it never occurred to me! But now that you mentioned it, HazMat suits are on sale on Amazon for $27, and I've already got the respirators and Allegra D's. I think I just broke BAD!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, my rear main seal is weeping only enough to discolor the housing under it. One of the reasons I got the lift, but got suspension and brakes to go on too, fuel pump in tank, not to mention needing to turn a new Tacoma Sport into a mall crawler. Tranny's got to come out of the G8 for the TC for the cam, so plan on changing the seal while in there. Heck, would be good PM to do it anyway after 83K and ten years. I sure miss the good old days a decade ago. Great community. We had so much fun discovering our cars! I hope they are all doing well. The other site is just sad. Like losing a friend.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I'm still here!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I did not witness the executions.... it must have been before I got here.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG guys! Haven't seen ya'll in a coon's age. So I STILL have family on here. SO good to hear from you guys! It's been too long. Tchr I am still jonesing for one of those front fender double stripes. And I SHALL get one too as soon as the build is done. We need to invest in one of those magnums of champagne and two glasses for the last two of our breed. Anyone have good info on how many G8's are still on the road? Values been climbing lately? How we doing?

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
This forum/community is far from the greatness it used to be. This and especially the other forum are dying. Sad.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Nice garage and lift. Been here 10 years so its nice to have an original back.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Welcome back "Karter" -John Sebastian
I'd rather die than join social media.
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me [a forum] or give me death". - Zodiac

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, social media takes time. Time I don't have. I've got too many interests now. MGM is right: I am a dinosaur.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Still here, don't do Facebook either. Also have not been doing much to the car in these later years so not posting as much anymore.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Still here, don't do Facebook either. Also have not been doing much to the car in these later years so not posting as much anymore.
What more can you do? It's perfect as it is. I still shop around looking at G8's. I may or may not pick another one up next year when the lease is up on my wife's Jeep.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'm still around and got new mods. Cam /Stall and Heads as listed. Heading to a strip next Friday. Was already swatting 5.0's like flies. The will be some WTF's from some MOPAR boys now. Best part is tune by Dr.Phil.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts