Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently in the US, there's a 20% discount on some new Chevy SS's ... one site says until March 31, another says it expired on March 13.. If still on, that makes the price competitive in $Canadian (in the $50K range, maybe a bit higher).

My question is: since the SS isn't sold in Canada, what happens for warranty service and parts? Will US dealers sell to me? Is owning an orphan car more trouble and expense than it's worth?

The SS forums weren't much help.

Experiences from anyone who (say) imported a GTO would help! Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
The 20% off MSRP expired close of business yesterday. Which websites are reporting that it is still on?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
There was an SS at Pete's Big Bite in Oshawa 2 years ago, if I remember correctly the owner said he had roughly $65,000CDN in the car.
That was back when the dollars were closer to par.
There's apparently 2-3 more have been brought into the GTA since so it can be done depending on how deep your pockets are.
I'm going out on a limb here but I think GM would have to honor the warranty and parts are a FEDEX ride away.
I'm sure US dealers would sell to anyone if they had a bank draft/certified cheque/cash transfer ability.
My pockets are deep....got holes in em, can reach right thru.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts