Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. The G8 in the picture I had from 2010 to 2013. I still kick myself for selling it but, we have to help our family. Right? Ugh! Anyway, I want to get a GXP this time and I'm not necessarily looking for a collectible car but, I would kind of like to know how to compare them when I see them. More bang for the buck. I've seen the info that bracketracer has put out. Is that the standard that one would use? I would like to get a stock(ish) one but, if I was able to get some more knowledge from some of you guys on here I would feel more confident in what I was doing. I like cars but, never really turned a wrench on one so, a diamond in the rough isn't something I'd wanna pursue. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
Welcome. Check out the cars for sale section. Price range? Color? A6 or M6?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My head is pinning from all the codes. I'm leaning toward white again but, I do also like the sport red metallic (maroon?). I am leaning toward automatic but, stick isn't out of the question. As for the price range 30 ish. Is it better to buy in the winter? Just would like some insight on stuff like that and comparing M6 vs A6.

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
Correct. Sport red metallic (red passion metallic) is the darker red. Per experience, end of the year purchases tend to fair slightly better.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Check out the G8 Classifieds FB page. Might find something there v

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
For me i woiuld buy a good condition GT & modify it. It will be just as fast as a GXP or more.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
But what if he bought a GXP and modified that? Wouldn't it be faster?
Yes but will save quite a bit modifying the GT. These cars a pretty fast stock & a lot faster modified.

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts