Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Not sure about the newer model, but I have an older version that fit and they sound really nice.

Notes:
The wet nature of our doors corroded the Infinity voice coils in my rear doors. They started to rattle and seize up.
I replaced the rear door speakers with Polk marine rated speakers. The infinities sound better, particularly in the bass.
I would recommend getting foam door baffles to keep water away. I have read they they tend to mute the bass response, and many cut a hole in the bottom of them to regain what was lost and keep the shielding the baffles provide.
I posted the cutout size our door adapters have. Can't remember specific size. A search will probably bring it up.

Opinion:
I might aim for a 4+ ohm speaker to essentially make the subs more prevalent. Though you may hit a volume level that you like from the doors, but the subs might be distorting at. So, use some of your own judgement on that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about the 4+ but then the center speaker is too loud I have heard....

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Resistor mod.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
410 Posts
I just disconnected that center speaker, reversed the polarity on the rear deck speakers and sounds much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts