Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just installed my black LED tail lights on my Liquid Red G8 GT and I thought I would share some pics since when I was shopping for these, it was very hard to find pics of the black ones. BTW I bought these on eBay for $189.99 shipped and they are the exact same Spyder Sonar ones that other people have paid more for.

Anyway pics are below. I took some with only 1 light installed at first to compare and tried some night shots as well, but my only camera is an iPhone and these pics don't do the lights justice. They are awesome!

Also my LED blinkers and reverse lights are way brighter in the LED housing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice job. They look OEM and something a 2013 Pontiac G8 might have had. Wondered what an LED tail light would look like on the G8's and your solution was way better than a Photoshop image. Easy to change back to stock if necessary?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Extremely easy to swap back and forth. All plug 'n play. Remove 3 nuts on the back of light, unplug all the bulbs and push the light out. Do the reverse process to put the new ones in. I just got in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago and dislocated my left elbow and I was still able to install these in 20 mins with 1 arm. Super easy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sweet, I looked these up on ebay and definitely wouldn't have bought them, but seeing them on a car makes me like them more, I think they'd work fine on SRM.

I think I'd take them to the body shop and put a light tint on them.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Those do look great. They blend pretty nicely with the color scheme of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They look great! Love the black on the spoiler as well. Really accents it nice. I've been looking into these for the past couple weeks and your pics made the final decision that I'm going to get them! For a reasonable price too!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Wow they look great man? Damn your whole car looks great!! Nice work!! I love the stock lights on our cars but this is certainly an update to consider.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hey unrelated to the lights i see you have the camaro replica wheels Nice look by the way. My question is how is the ride quality with those tires? Im so afraid to install them on mine lol.:)
First off.....I got tons of complements on my Stance SC5 I had on the car (which are listed in FS). These the complements did not stop......lol.....
Secondly, they were a BITCH....lol.....to get balanced. One of my original wheels was wrapped from factory. So once that was determined I got a replacement had road force balanced and now life is good.
Thirdly, they are a tad bit rougher ride than stock 19's. But my stock were only on the car a couple of months before I went to 20's. So I have gotten used to them. I love the stance of the car....the grip and how the offset help lower the car a bit. I still drive it on road trips and it is smooth and quiet. All I hear are my GXP axlebacks.....I love'em.....u should go for it....just get them put on by reputable shop. GL

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I have thought about doing a tint on them. I might possibly get an overlay to see if I like the tint or not and see if cops will bother me about them before I get them professionally done and can't undo it if I don't like it. Also my black spoiler is the Maverick Man Carbon Fiber one and it is awesome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.