Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again Elliott @ ModBargins for setting me up with the new wheels!

I'll post more pics when it stops raining and I can clean up the car. I also need some lug nuts.

Wheels
Eurosport Monza Gunmetal Machined Face
19 x 8.5" ET35
19 x 9.5" ET40

Tires
245/40ZR-19 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2
275/35ZR-19 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

No rubbing so far - Stock suspension

First impressions - Three of the four wheels balanced up with little effort, one of the rears used more weights than I'd like. I've always been a fan of machined surface with dark inserts if only because they look cleaner longer, the brake dust simply blends in with with dark inserts. Coming from an E39 M5, I've always felt the GXP should have come with not only wider wheels but staggered from the factory. It looks so much nicer (and needs to be lowered).

Tires - So far the comp-2s have been disappointing. I purchased these from The Tire Rack based on their tests and mainly positive feedback. Unfortunately, they are not as sticky as I was expecting. I swear the stock all season tires from the factory were/are better, and that's even with a more narrow tread. Oh well, live and learn.

So again, more pics when I get a clean car and lug nuts, but so far I'm loving the look.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
531 Posts
Give the tires about 1,000 miles to "break in." They sometimes use a mold release compound which takes a few miles to wear off. Hopefully, they'll improve for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give the tires about 1,000 miles to "break in." They sometimes use a mold release compound which takes a few miles to wear off. Hopefully, they'll improve for you.
You were right, the grip has improved after some miles on the tires.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
I'm trying to located a spare front fitment black with machined face wheel if anyone happens to know where I can get one. Evidently these wheels arent available anymore. Modbargains has one set and they wont split it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
MGMGXP
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing