Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my TVS kit. Went with the 1900 since magnason isn't making them anymore. Got a good deal on it too. But, and yes I am running the tune from them. But damn it's quiet af. I've had a grand prix gtp and ss cobalt before. I was expecting that mechanical whine sound. This is literally as quiet as could be.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Are you using the intake tube that came with the Magnuson kit and OEM intake box? If so get an aftermarket intake(CAI and/or OTR like Vararam or VCM) or do a custom cold air intake(larger 4.5"/5" would be better but then you need a custom tune) with green filter behind the fog light. The stock intake box is made to be as quiet as possible, you can try taking the sound insulation pad off the top and cutting/enlarging the lower intake scoop a bit. A pulley change will help too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
every village has one
2,169 Posts
Dump the tune that comes with it:)
If I remember correctly, you have to buy it go get the warranty. There are much better options out there.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, used the tube then had but I have a KN box at the end. The tube they provided vs the kn one is the same. My stock gtp had a louder whine than this does. But yes the tune it came with for the time being.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yep, the TVS1900 is quiet. Another reason I went LSA. Enjoy your new setup!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts