Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around and looking at peoples signatures of their mods for their intake setup. I go and google it and I get the sites but the problem is the options will only let me pick V8. are there any intakes out there for the V6? Is here that big of a difference from the V6 to the V8 intake setup? On summit racing they had a reasonably priced one but it is only for a V8. Any site suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I got a K&N CAI on my v6 and sounds great.Got mine on ebay , should only be about 250 or less. I have pictures in my garage on my profile............

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! :) Yea if I was more mechanically enclined and more time to
myself I probably would have made one.
Oh and Richard, the first link you posted I pmed him about his but haven't heard from him yet.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Just give it a bit of time. :)

I do not want to mislead but by looking at the pics gives me the impression that both V8 and V6 tubes has the same dimensions.

We need a V6 person to confirm.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Both the RotoFAB and K&N are good options. I seriously doubt there is much performance difference between the two. It all depends on what you want to look at when you open the hood.

-Dennis-

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just give it a bit of time. :)

I do not want to mislead but by looking at the pics gives me the impression that both V8 and V6 tubes has the same dimensions.

We need a V6 person to confirm.
Exactly. If there is no difference and that dimensions will fit then I will probably get the one i saw for $150

The kid i PMed i like how his looks over the Vararam. But with the Vararam the air flow is directed right in the front. Decisions LOL

·
Registered
491 Posts
The Roto-Fab definitely looks a hell of a lot nicer than the K&N. Better build quality, contoured to the exact shape of the engine, seals flush to the top of the hood. A true *cold* air intake.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
^^^ nice engine bay. i agree, roto-fab over K&N.

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Roto-Fab definitely looks a hell of a lot nicer than the K&N. Better build quality, contoured to the exact shape of the engine, seals flush to the top of the hood. A true *cold* air intake.

But as stated before....are the dimensions the same for a V6? I don't want to purchase a CAI for a GT and it not fit the V6. A lot of sites seem to only offer the kit for the V8's.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nope. Totally different. Your options are Roto-Fab or K&N. That's it. Vararam doesn't make an OTR for the V6. Russo was developing one for a while but I have no idea if they ever released it.

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the RF is nice but I am a little money strapped. I found this on Summit. But thanks for helping me choose guys! This car is newer and didn't realize there was a difference between the G8 base and the GT intake wise. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNN-63-3072/ i've always had K&N so I think this is a future mod here once i get the money for my engine mods from my GAGT

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
the RF is nice but I am a little money strapped. I found this on Summit. But thanks for helping me choose guys! This car is newer and didn't realize there was a difference between the G8 base and the GT intake wise. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNN-63-3072/ i've always had K&N so I think this is a future mod here once i get the money for my engine mods from my GAGT
Thats the one i got, very easy to install.FYI when you have to put together put some vasoline on plastic parts so rubber tubing slides on easly...Considering putting in some kinda duct where the factory one was in .....Check ebay , have same kits but less expensive.Only paid 225 for mine 2 years ago on ebay.........

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Both the RotoFAB and K&N are good options. I seriously doubt there is much performance difference between the two. It all depends on what you want to look at when you open the hood.

-Dennis-
+1. One vote for K&N here, the dual trademark stickers on the rear windshield are priceless. However, I was unaware of the Roto-Fab option when I was in the market for a CAI.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I got a RotoFab taking off the factory intake and putting the Roto Fab on took about an hour if that and that might be stretching it seriously you cannot go wrong either way... I went with Roto Fab cause I like the look and I like the other stuff they offer i.e Rad Cover and fuse Relay Box cover...

I will pay a little more to support a smaller company who basically 2 yrs after our cars went belly up came up with a product for our make of car i.e the Rad Cover... Too me that means alot cause it started with guys talking in the forums about the the V8 rad cover and it went from there... Along with Solo who came up with a product for our make that aren't alot of companies Not Australian willing to give a lil love to little brother sorta speak... So I give Roto Fab credit...

Like I said you cannot go wrong either way but I am biased in favor of Roto Fab...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The V6 & V8 are different.Here's mine,runs very quiet.The fender well CAI allows you to buy a kit to relocate the air temp sensor and also the dry filter sits farthest away from the engine.You can also cut a small hole on the back of the lower grill to get that ram air effect.

·
V6 power
139 Posts
I have K&N , works for me also gave me 2 more MPG's on highway :)

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have K&N , works for me also gave me 2 more MPG's on highway :)
ha! if it helps mpg wise then yea. i've never seen this car suck so much gas. my grand am had better gas mileage. i can only imagine what the GT's and GXP's must do.

·
38 Posts
Keep an eye on Kijiji/Craigslist or whatever online classified sites you Americans use. I found a guy in northern Ontario with a V6 Rotofab with 5000 KM on it, and he shipped it to me for $100 all in.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts