Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the intake and heads last night. I was AMAZED at how much oil was in the intake & intake ports. AMAZED! Will have to get a catch can. Just wanted to throw that out there.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Yep, need to get one installed myself, I just haven't gotten that far yet. When I tore down my engine, I had a lot of cleaning to do. Even my IC pipes had oil in it.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
I've had a catch can since the car was basically new, and still there was a LOT of carbon built up on the pistons. Much more than the old LS1 that I had.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So which tub do you route to the catch can. The one leading into the air intake or the one coming from the back of the crank case by the fire wall ?

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
It's better if you search for pics, but the catch can is routed in the line from the drivers side rear valve cover to the port behind the throttle blade.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's amazing how much the catch can filters out. Has me wondering if one catch can is even enough

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Just attach a two liter Pepsi bottle to it. Lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
When I removed my TB to get it ported, I could see a film of oil on the intake. Hate to see what it looks like inside...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts