Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting a intake system for my car. Was looking at the Ram Air style or cold air style. I'm not sure which style would be better or which one would give more power. Im just starting to do mod's to car and any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
Search for:
VaraRam
RotoFab
VCM
Those are the top 3.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Yeah, tons of info to search through with lots of great write ups. For me personally I went with the Roto-Fab as I liked its reputation, quality, and simplicity of install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the difference between the air filters that are oiled vs. dry filters? Besides the obivious. Is there a power gain difference or anything? Sorry if that's a stupid question just courious.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Look into Spectre as well. It's the same thing as Roto-Fab but half the price.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Picks up the air from the same place, that is all that is similar. Roto has a molded housing with air pick up at the bottom.

OP: search a bit, here and other board. Wealth of info as well as images.

FWIW, you may consider a yella terra tube also to get rid of the Helmholtz chambers on the stock intake. The stock filter/filter house can't be that bad when many of the blower folks use them...without concerns. Most numbers quoted are gains that also include tuning. How much is CAI specific and how much is tuning is tough to separate (IMO).

That all typed, I have had roto-fab and now VCM OTR. Since I don't track mine or have dyno, I really can't factually state a performance difference in numbers. Both are highest quality, no homebrew/ricer appearance at all. I ended up with VCM used on a killer deal. I believe the otr will have better flow and it looks factory which the rotofab does not, but close.

It's really personal preference,
Caveat Emptor.

Look into Spectre as well. It's the same thing as Roto-Fab but half the price.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 4 inch pipe connected to the stock air box and drop in. My car actually went 2/10 faster at the track with this setup over the rotofab. But every car is different.

Picks up the air from the same place, that is all that is similar. Roto has a molded housing with air pick up at the bottom.

OP: search a bit, here and other board. Wealth of info as well as images.

FWIW, you may consider a yella terra tube also to get rid of the Helmholtz chambers on the stock intake. The stock filter/filter house can't be that bad when many of the blower folks use them...without concerns. Most numbers quoted are gains that also include tuning. How much is CAI specific and how much is tuning is tough to separate (IMO).

That all typed, I have had roto-fab and now VCM OTR. Since I don't track mine or have dyno, I really can't factually state a performance difference in numbers. Both are highest quality, no homebrew/ricer appearance at all. I ended up with VCM used on a killer deal. I believe the otr will have better flow and it looks factory which the rotofab does not, but close.

It's really personal preference,
Caveat Emptor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts