Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've dedicated part of our website to all the details of our INTENSE TT G8 GT. You can see a list of all of its modifications along with details about each aspect including pictures and dyno chart numbers.

Stop by and have a look.

INTENSE-Racing.com - INTENSE TT G8 GT Home

·
Lone Ranger
1,043 Posts
any chance you guys are gonna try your hand at a NA GT build up? maybe on your car Rogue?

I wanna see some results if you guys slapped on all those SLP parts you've got lying around and tuned it appropriatly.

I'll donate my car if you wanna do it :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, IMO there is no point building up an N/A if you are serious about making power. We've shown that with just a few modifications you can make more power than you will need for a daily driven street car with the APS twin-turbo kit.

For my money and my car it is the turbos. I really wish we could find a way to give people rides in the INTENSE TT G8 GT. The "shock and awe" experience would either leave people crying in a corner like a little school girl or lining up to place their order. There really is nothing else like it.

·
Lone Ranger
1,043 Posts
To be honest, IMO there is no point building up an N/A if you are serious about making power. We've shown that with just a few modifications you can make more power than you will need for a daily driven street car with the APS twin-turbo kit.

For my money and my car it is the turbos. I really wish we could find a way to give people rides in the INTENSE TT G8 GT. The "shock and awe" experience would either leave people crying in a corner like a little school girl or lining up to place their order. There really is nothing else like it.
that's true. but somebody don't want to

a) drop $8000+ in a single pop for the turbo set up
b) many of us would be very happy with a 450RWHP N/A set up, myself especially.
c) The great thing about doing it N/A is that you can build it up a little at a time, no forking out such a **** load of money all at one time

edit: I was in Ohio on friday, and gave some serious consideration to coming down to Columbus to visit your shop and maybe drop some coin, but I was NOT looking forward to the 2 hour drive to Columbus and then the 7 hour drive back to Baltimore.

·
Lone Ranger
1,043 Posts
Hey, I've got a very serious question about the Intense TT G8

why did you choose to use the Powerbond UDP instead of the SLP UDP?

·
Dog Diggity
1,001 Posts
I really wish we could find a way to give people rides in the INTENSE TT G8 GT. The "shock and awe" experience would either leave people crying in a corner like a little school girl or lining up to place their order. There really is nothing else like it.
It is 2009 and video recorders are cheap...why don't you just post up some video? :confused:

·
Lone Ranger
1,043 Posts
The SLP is an underdrive pulley. The Powerbond we used is the stock sized unit. We did this because we wanted a better than stock balancer but we didn't want to skew the power numbers from the various components we were dyno testing.

good to know

·
Registered
88 Posts

I'll be there Friday the 13th:driving:
Chris Lyons

·
Registered
489 Posts
We have plans to get at least a couple of different videos in the near future. :driving:

Niecly done Todd! :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Does the kit come with High Flow cats to make it pass emissions? Although there are ways around it. I am planning to buy this Kit in the near future... Turbos are the way to go!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Turbos are the way to go!
I've been around hot cars for a long time, and I've run every sort of power adder known to man. Nothing really compares to intercooled turbos in my mind either. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
So if we wanted to have this system installed on a daily driver, how would we go about passing future inspections. Have a wad of Benjamin's ready for the inspector?

·
Registered
489 Posts
All depends where you are. Here in central Ohio for example, we have no inspections. :judge:

In other places, you may have to bribe an inspector. Or just take him for a ride. :driving:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Interesting, I was really ready to throw this kit on my car when I get back from Afghanistan but now have my doubts? I really want a car that will haul ass but it has to pass inspections to be a success IMO!! Now, I will probably end up putting the TT on my car anyway (and trying to find a way around inspections later) But im just saying that it would be nice to not have to sweat that yearly inspection. Either way, thanks for a great product, now I also need a hand finding a reliable dealer/installer in the DFW area.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts