Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the door handle and GM no longer makes the part. Anyone know of a source?

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Try eBay Pontiac G8 interior door handle or Rock Auto. G8. Interior. Inside door handle.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
The site gtog8ta. Dot. Com has them

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, gtog8ta has them with sliver handle. $49 bucks. The dealer located one for $200 Ouch!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Plan on moving the handle over into the factory black surround.
The jobber handle works fine but the texture of the surround is not the same.
Pictures of new factory left compared to aftermarket right
20200820_134229.jpg
20200820_134235.jpg

Also, ask if they could physically look through the package to verify which side it is.
I bought the jobber one.
Ordered left
Billed left
Sealed package said left
RIGHT HAND inside package.

Vender went over and above to make it right but it added a week to fixing my wifes door.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Fact of the matter, they are available anywhere you look.
Amazon, ebay, rockauto, napa, the list goes on and on

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
If you want NON Matching black or chrome, sure they are everywhere.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I will give you, some of those vendors are going to be bright chrome.
I have only bought them from GM and GTOG8.com.
While the finish and color of the GTOG8 handle is good, the outer surround is only a fair match.
In my defense, the actual GM part is sold by rockauto, summit etc and the LMG1405 that GTOG8 sells , and I bought, is available from numerous vendors

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Yes the actual GM part $180+ @ rockauto is the silver handle. All the other 13 are chrome or black.
How many here would buy just one All black or chrome and install it in the car, and the other three are silver? I bet not one member here would.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Personal preference were the black door handles. Never got around to swapping them out primarily since only one of the original door handles were damaged. Merely tried not to glance in its direction too often. Smh.

Reactions: Ramblerman

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Those handle photos 95wagon poster. That coarser grain grain matches the vinyl of the door panel better than the originals. At least my my car they do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GTOG8TA sent the chrome by mistake but shipped out the correct part immediately. I appreciate the tip about moving the handle to my factory housing. The replacement housing was much darker black.

Plan on moving the handle over into the factory black surround.
The jobber handle works fine but the texture of the surround is not the same.
Pictures of new factory left compared to aftermarket right
View attachment 181938 View attachment 181939

Also, ask if they could physically look through the package to verify which side it is.
I bought the jobber one.
Ordered left
Billed left
Sealed package said left
RIGHT HAND inside package.

Vender went over and above to make it right but it added a week to fixing my wifes door.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts