Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please help me with this issue im having seems to be only on the driver side rear floorboard. its not a puddle but everytime i clean car i pull out the small run and it has a mold on it as well as it being somewhat damp to touch. it does not do this on the pass side only on the driver side in the rear pass floorboard upfront it doenst do anything.

and yes car is parked outside and not under a roof.
any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I've had the same chronic problem. I've found the door dust liners not sealed being the biggest contributor. I'd monkeyed with them when installing speakers. I've also found the front left sunroof drain and both rears not well connected at the top. It seemed pretty dry after I fixed the dust liners, but I've recently seen signs of water dripping from near the OBD2 port and found the rear carpet a little damp again. It's not the same place I found the water leaking down when the roof drain was loose, so I'm not positive where it's coming from.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Open the door and you will see relatively small rain water drain holes/slits at or along the bottom. Mine were plugged with dirt causing rain water to accumulate in the passenger door which slowly drained into the cabin and saturated the carpet. There was so much water vapor in the interior, moisture began accumulating in my tail lights which also went away after I cleared the drain holes.

If you have a sunroof, it is more probably from a clogged drain hose as your leak is on the driver side.

JAM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
JAM
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing