Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Houston,TX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a stryker blue 09 not 09.5, GT sport & premium with roof for $23,888 but has 41 going on 42k miles with powertrain warranty only. Not GM certified. Is this a good deal? Is 42k miles too much wear and tear on the car? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm buying an 09' tomorrow at work for $23k with 12,775miles an it's as loaded as u could get one plus it's certified

·
Enthusiast
960 Posts
I think you can do better. I have 41000 on mine right now due to a lot of work travelling, and it has a ton of rock chips, a few tiny dings etc. It is still nice, but I wish it was in better shape. A car with 40000 miles on it now had to be driven regardless of conditions. A 5 year old car with 40000 miles was likely only driven when it was nice out. Also it sucks being out of warranty IMO. I have an airbag fault light now and it's not covered. Luckily the dealer is being super cool and doing it as a goodwill claim. I was really pissed thinking I was going to have to pay for it. I say look around!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Only thing is that color is kinda rare. If you really want that color you might want to deal a little for it, and see how much you can get them to drop the price.

Thats not a terrible price, maybe drop 1 grand, and call it a deal!!
If its local to you, should be rust free. If it looks clean and runs good, try and get it.

·
Houston,TX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its in Mississippi. Im located in Houston. Its about a 6hr drive. I would save on shipping the car back and just drive it home.

·
Registered
607 Posts
are the prices going up for our cars? I bought mine with 30k on it for $23k Now the same dealership is selling a WH with 40k on it for $27k mine is fully loaded. There is a 50k mile Stryker going for $25k.

Guess Im glad I bought mine over winter.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I bought May 2008 and have 41k on my car. About average for mileage if it were a DD (2008MY and 2009MY were both sold in 2008.) Price however might be a little high, but that's average for my area with those miles on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think you can do better. Make sure you check out Autotrader.com and Cars.com

·
lsgearhead
2,116 Posts
Mine is 3 years and 2 months old, I have 43,000 miles on mine. Its been in the shop one time for the rear seal replacement. Otherwise its been trouble free. Thats less the 15,000 a year on mine. There are guys on the formums with many more then mine. Although 41k on an 09 is a little high.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Mine is the 1st batch of the 09 and has around 37,000 and is perfectly fine. Bought it used around 24,000 about a year ago.

I would say, I take conditions and care over the color.

Lets say, a beat up Striker Blue can not compare with a well cared for Panther Black, or the other way around.

So my take on this is, get the best one with the best deal.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
41K and humming along nicely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
majesticix
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing