Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The addition of a Magnaflow mid-muff to my setup makes it wonderful for getting groceries, but rather tame when i want to scare little children.

So i was looking into getting a set of DMH low profile cutouts, but it seems that they are defunct or at the very least, not readily available.

I've had horrible experiences with QTP in the past. Are they the only ones selling a true low profile cutout these days?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a DMH on my Fbody forever ago, got damaged and asked about a replacement and didn't get a response. Ended up ordering a new one and it shipped almost immediately, compared to the first one taking a few months. When mine died again I just got a Pypes one off Summit and has been working fine ever since.

I want to say QTP redesigned their setup and is supposed to be better then it use to be but i haven't used it yet myself.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
All of the aftermarket electric cut outs seem to fail sooner or later. It's a good idea with poor execution. Personally I find loud cars on the street annoying. That's why I street drive with GT mufflers and dyno and race on muffler deletes. Takes less than 15 minutes to swap them and gives me the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
At first they seemed to have had issues but so far going on three years with my Pypes one and has seemed ok so far. I think part of the failure rate has to do with location, not necessarily from elements but I always thought with it possible too close to the source. Downstream cutouts seem to survive longer from what I've seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts