Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to keep an eye on the GXP market regarding prices and availability. On Auto Trader today there are only 11 GXP's for sale nationwide! I realize that there are other outlets for selling, but Auto Trader usually seems to have a pretty comprehensive listing of what's out there. This just surprised me, especially since we are getting into the warmer season. That's the lowest number I've seen in quite a while. I'm just wondering if everyone that has one now (whether they bought it new or used) is adament about keeping it. I'm glad I have mine!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, it is starting to get smaller, but I suspect there will be a bunch dumped on the market as soon as the SS hit's the shores. Mostly Automatic would be my guess.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It looks as it might be the case. I'm used to seeing 2-4 at any time on eBay and 15-20 on Autotrader, but lately there has been 0-1 on eBay and less on Autotrader as well. It may be just that it was a sudden spike in demand as potential buyers were in wait and see mode before the Chevy SS launch. Now that the sickly cat has been let out of the bag, demand for the GXPs has picked back up.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I don't think we are waiting for the new SS to come out before we sell ours. The GXP should still be a more exclusive club, looks much, much cooler (all G8's do) and the SS is not enough of an upgrade to make me swap out for one. Hell, with the Holden IQ now working on US maps for the GPS, and streaming Bluetooth, I think I can get everything I'll ever need out of my GXP. And retain the exclusivity.

Besides, I can't wait to start smoking the first SS's on the street with my "old" G8 GXP.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It looks as it might be the case. I'm used to seeing 2-4 at any time on eBay and 15-20 on Autotrader, but lately there has been 0-1 on eBay and less on Autotrader as well. It may be just that it was a sudden spike in demand as potential buyers were in wait and see mode before the Chevy SS launch. Now that the sickly cat has been let out of the bag, demand for the GXPs has picked back up.
This is very ironic you started this thread because I was wondering the same thing. I will too check ebay randomly in my free time and usually a couple on there. Now there are none. Looks like GXP's are going to get even more rare. Man I really wish I could get one!

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I wouldn't sell mine for an SS either. I already paid the gas guzzler tax once, don't plan on paying it again, for the SS that is.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I wanted an SS, but since they aren't being released with a M6 I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a GXP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Craiglook.com has a lot for sale usually. That's where I found mine back in January. Stock 18k miles never been hit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Noticed the decline as well. I think more and more people know what they have, and have no ambition to sell. What more can you ask for anyway? haha

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
It seems like the orginal owners of the GXP'S are letting them go cause they are REALLY NOT car anthuiests. The second wave of owners know what they are and are making them highly desirable and hard to find...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a 1966 427 L 71 vette for 23 yrs had original spare tire and window sticker . I sold it with 49000 miles in 1999 ,got a great price .The G8 GPX will go with the economy, time and collectors .They don't drive these cars they lock them up ,so if you want to make a lot of money don't drive our enjoy your car.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I'm glad I got my Gxp M6, wouldn't even trade it for the new SS straight up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They don't drive these cars they lock them up ,so if you want to make a lot of money don't drive our enjoy your car.
Here is a quote that I read on a GXP thread...kind of paraphrasing it:
"Not driving your car to keep the miles off of it is like not having sex with your wife to make her more attractive to her next husband."

I couldn't agree more!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
"Not driving your car to keep the miles off of it is like not having sex with your wife to make her more attractive to her next husband."

I couldn't agree more![/QUOTE]
So so true..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
My point exactly enjoy things now ,I sold the vette when driving it was over ,mixing gas with lead and octane ,I put near 40000 miles on it in 23 yrs I used to race bikes .

1 - 20 of 83 Posts