Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a sport red metallic G8 GT last week and it is stock. The stock exhaust is wayyy too quiet. I'm looking for something that is loud. I plan on tuning AFM out so I'm not worried about drone. Is this system good? Any other suggestions?

·
F1rehawk
663 Posts
The Solo Performance Exhaust is the way to go for our cars, in my opinion. They have different models for our car with various levels of noise. You might want to throw in some Kooks headers if you really want to wake the engine up.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you're looking for complete replacement, #1 is Corsa but it is a little more expensive. #2 is any Solo. I do not suggest the "Street Race" version. If you ever add headers, it will get annoyingly loud quick. The new Cyclone catback is really nice. #3 if you like to piece together your exhaust, get a pair of Chevy SS mufflers. They are loud (but sound great) outside but pretty tame inside. Coupled with headers and an X pipe, it's one of the best sounding exhausts in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Solo or Corsa. I have both. Where are you located? Somebody local must have one you can listen to.

·
F1rehawk
663 Posts
Solo gets Brownie Points for selling the actual Kooks Headers connections AND giving you free installation on their products.

·
Registered
145 Posts
^^^ a good point. If you have plans for LTs and no means by which to fab up your own connections, Solo and Corsa are two that come to mind for the DIY'er. Otherwise you're either hacking things up or getting the LT mfg's axleback. Wish I had thought more about that at the time...

-J

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the magnaflow catback, pretty sure it's the same part number. Has an X-pipe, no resonators, 2 mufflers each with dual tips. It's been a good system. I've had it on the car almost 10 years. It can drone at highway speeds when the AFM is on, but not at all speeds. It's not that bad. Only thing I'm having to research now are what LT headers will bolt up to them. Not many options from what I've seen so far. Might result in a trip to an exhaust shop to make the LTs work with the exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a sport red metallic G8 GT last week and it is stock. The stock exhaust is wayyy too quiet. I'm looking for something that is loud. I plan on tuning AFM out so I'm not worried about drone. Is this system good? Any other suggestions?
I've got those Magnaflow mufflers on one of my Base G8's. They sound fine at highway speed, and appropriately loud under hard acceleration. It sounds better than most V-6's around here. I've got a full Corsa system on my GXP. It sounds almost as good as the price, and certainly draws plenty of attention.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have Corsa, great quality and if you can get to Berea, Ohio they install for free just make an appointment. They aren't cheap but great sound and quality. Search the internet find your best price call Summit Racing and they will match.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts