Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive got my 09GT for sale in the For Sale section and am surprised its hasnt sold. Its been there for a few moths and Ive had some reasonable offers but nothing that I think the car is worth. Has the market gone south with the economy or is it just because its not quite car buying season yet? Or possibly my location? Any advice?? Thanks!

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66272

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
not many peeps have that much in cash lying around - they could at least finance thru a dealer.

kbb has yours for 22k, maybe drop it down another 1k and see what happens.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tough thing is there are a lot of gt cars for sale on used car lots. Ur car is a nice car. But the market has most people that wanted a g8gt already owning one. And since there are fewer gxp out there they hold up to the market better. Still a nice car. Doesn't seem like crazy high money.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yeah I think it would sell better over here on the east coast. Its a good price and a clean car with low miles. GLWS

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Remember, advertising on this board - everyone already has one.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I actually started lurking on this site before I had one. Even went back/forth with 1-2 guys on a possible sale. But my location in Seattle is pretty far removed from most of the sellers here. It sure would have been nice to get a modded one

·
218 Posts
I actually started lurking on this site before I had one. Even went back/forth with 1-2 guys on a possible sale. But my location in Seattle is pretty far removed from most of the sellers here. It sure would have been nice to get a modded one
I did too. I came onto this site about a year before i bought my GXP to find out.. Not many for sale when i was looking.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
So Ive got my 09GT for sale in the For Sale section and am surprised its hasnt sold. Its been there for a few moths and Ive had some reasonable offers but nothing that I think the car is worth. Has the market gone south with the economy or is it just because its not quite car buying season yet? Or possibly my location? Any advice?? Thanks!

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66272
I'm surprised you say the offers are reasonable. If the offer is reasonable you should be able to make a deal. It's not always as easy to sell cars as people think, that's why their are people out there who specialize in it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me . Maybe its bad timing.I know that someone mentioned they had your car at 22 k through kbb I had my car almost a year and got my loan through a credit union. They used n.a.d.a. and booked it at 26 and some change. Mine is/was an 09 stock gt with sport pack. With 50k on the speedo. I would pay 23 for a lower mileage modded ,near mint g8. The guy I finally got mine from had his posted on auto trader for months ,at least five . You'll get that price but I wouldn't had dropped the price. People always want you to go a little lower and so its good to have some wiggle room to get where you want to truly be . At least that's what I tend to see. Good luck with sale. I think lol. In fact I just realized I'm helping someone sell there g8 ,the g8! . Now if this where any other car in your drive way ,I could be a little more supportive but dude ,the g8 lol. J/k .

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me . Maybe its bad timing. I know that someone mentioned they had your car at 22 k through kbb I had my car almost a year and got my loan through a credit union. They used n.a.d.a. and booked it at 26 and some change. Mine is/was an 09 stock gt with sport pack. With 50k on the speedo. I would pay 23 for a lower mileage modded ,near mint g8.
I agree about the timing. In another month or two as we get into warmer weather you'll probably get more reasonable offers.
That price is about what the dealer would have sold mine for. He offered me $20,000 on the spot whilst I was getting the oil changed. Figure in markup and negotiating room and $23k sounds dead on. I thought about it for a moment but had no idea what I'd do with with a check for 20 large...
BTW: I'm at 33K miles on my '09 GT w/premium pack and no sunroof and I keep my daily driver as close to flawless as I can. I've never had a dealer offer to buy my vehicle before except through a trade in. This used car market is just bananas.

·
Registered
241 Posts
As a recent buyer I think your price is high. I realize you have upgrades, but unfortunately they only add value to the right buyer. I've looked at tons and tons of GT's from dealers and private parties and your car is on the high side, even for the mileage.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A lot of people are more comfortable buying from a dealer in this price range on a used vehicle. Plus financing is a lot easier at the dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
241 Posts
A lot of people are more comfortable buying from a dealer in this price range on a used vehicle. Plus financing is a lot easier at the dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I agree. You have to have pretty decent credit and a bank that will loan money on a 2009. I went through chase and they said that they will only finance private sale cars 2010 and newer except for some models. Luckily the G8 was one of them.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I think you can get your asking, I sold my 08 with 32k miles and headers, tune, intake, exhaust, fe3+eibach, and gxp steering wheel for $23k. I probably could have gotten a bit more but I wanted a quick sale, which thankfully I had.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I too feel like the price is right on, but I do understand not many people have that kind of money laying around. What gets me is this car is so much more than what you would find at a dealer! Its tasfully modded and is cleaner than any other G8 Ive ever seen at a dealer. Im thinking my lack of picture taking skills may be hurting it! LOL.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ya I feel your price is right on with the mods you have, but I have watch the market hard for the last month few months and they seem on avg to be going a bit less then they used to. I love your car and exactly what I am looking for, unfortunately I wont be in the market again until summer, GL.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Remember also that the KBB and Edmunds pricing guides are NOT what dealers and banks use. They use services like BLACK BOOK etc that are much more region and time specific and frequently show higher prices, but it is based on actual auction and other sales in that part of the country. So when people talk about "book" value, make sure all parties are using the same "book"!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts