Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First sorry i know this belongs in the deal or no deal section but i cant post there yet.

I have an oppertunity to buy a 2009 GT white with black interior. It has the sport and prem package. No Sunroof. Car has only 7200 miles on it. Was owned by a couple in there late 70s they bought it new for the wife to drive but it stayed in the garage casue its too fast for her. I can get the car for $25,500. I know theres cheaper ones out there but with the low miles and knowing the history on this car thinking it might be worth it.

This website has been a great help already in looking into what i might do to the car if i go with it, just looking for a little help to see if i should. Thanks

·
Registered
637 Posts
That's cheaper then what I paid for mine with 18k miles on it a year ago...considering it was an old couple I would go for it. Just make sure they don't have some of the old person scrapes on the bumpers/sides.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, yeah theres a minor scuff on the driver side rear wheel...other then that the car looks perfect, and thats how they traded it in, dealership hasnt touched it yet...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Ya, go for it, it's a good deal for sure, maybe offer them 23K and see if you can get it even less, maybe you can settle in the middle and get yourself a really good deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, happened to be at the dealership when it was traded in....so i know the history on the car is legit....they have to do there inspections and stuff like that so i have till tomorrow to decide and i can pick it up on thursday...yeah leaning that way right now...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GO FOR IT!!!! Sounds like a good deal!

SO.... what mods you got in mind?

well ive owned an 03 mustang gt that i just went way over board on..and i still have a mustang thats i drag race in a class called x275, not a street car at all.

If i get this car to start im thinking just tune, intake and exhaust...ill also probably upgrade the brakes as id like to take it and try the road course with it...something different then the dragstrip all the time.

Eventually ive seen that procharger has a piece that seems to fit in nicely so that could be fun and different then the nitrous im used too.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
good price!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
go for it. I paid a very similar price with about 20,000 more miles.

·
What A Hoser Eh?
408 Posts
I payed that a year ago with double your milage. An old guy owned mine as well. Just be sure to change out the gm oil and filter for some quality stuff haha.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Exactly what I paid for mine in Oct. of 2010. Mine had 18,000 miles, premium, sunroof, and no sport package. It doesn't sound bad, try to get them down a little maybe. What about warranty????? What has been done to it????

·
Registered
126 Posts
Forgot to add....bought mine from local dealership, wife put pic on facebook and it was an old high school girlfriends car!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thanks for all the help, ill be giving the guy a call tomorrow, unfortunatly i have to work but i should be picking up the car up on Thursday....cant wait...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly what I paid for mine in Oct. of 2010. Mine had 18,000 miles, premium, sunroof, and no sport package. It doesn't sound bad, try to get them down a little maybe. What about warranty????? What has been done to it????
Still has 1 year left on the bumper to bumper and 3 years left on the powertrain....car is bone stock...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow! It was late to leave the lot with a year left on the b2b. That is great because if you start checking you will find that most of the G8's have some minor issues that, if not already addressed, you want to get fixed under warranty. That is what I meant by what has been done to it actually. You will want to get a vin report from a GM dealer to see what has been done, if anything. Good luck, sounds like a nice car.

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
i agree. that sounds like a damn good deal. a G8 like that was the same price with liek over 30k on the odo. So that sounds like a really good deal.good luck!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
18 Participants
JWall115
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing