Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
Says the video is private......

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im pointing the camera right where you hear the rattle, it def sounds like its coming from the heads. The thing is, its a rattling, chattering noise. Not a tick, so I'm confused. I have some ideas but id figure, give it a shot on here first.

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had my tranny rebuilt last day of powertrain warranty, march 15 2013. Also alternator went out, crank pulley, idler pulley and obviously the AC belt issue. Im out of luck. I already tried to contact GM over the numerous issues I've had since owning the car but no luck over what seems to be a lemon to me. I bought the car in Florida, used "as is" and there is no lemon law on used cars here. Only had the car for 3 months and 2k miles. Ive never talked to more rude customer service reps at pontiac. The rep told me they do not stand behind there products after warranties are up and I'm out of luck. They wouldn't let me speak to a boss and hung up.

· Registered
620 Posts
I can't seem to decide what that is. Doesn't seem like a lifter noise, more like something in the belt assembly area. Have you tried taking an engine stethescope to the area? I'd try that.

· Registered
620 Posts
Yikes! Sorry to hear you own that number. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.