Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopeful that someone out there has kept their set of stock GXP Mufflers.

I have checked Ebay and Facebook marketplace but havent had any luck finding them.

So, does anyone have GXP muffs they would be willing to part with?

OR

If some of you went through the experience of deciding what axleback to go with could someone also recommend what would be comparable? Just purchased LT Headers and Mid-Pipe. Saw a video of a blue G8 with a Stage 2 BTR Cam that was hooked up to ARH longtubes and GXP Muffs, the best sounding G8 ive heard and would like to aim for that sound.

Will be doing the Cam and DOD when it warms up in Michigan.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Occasionally, a set will appear in the parts for sale section of the forum. May want to start this thread in the wanted to buy section. Best of fortune.

Reactions: CodieSleeper

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I am in Michigan with a set I've been holding for a guy who seems to be full of it. It has been 2 years and I am going to list them on marketplace.

I just touched them up visually before storage because I am OCD.

Life has been busy and I lost track of time since they were out of sight out of mind haha.

Last set I sold last year for my buddy who doesn't do social media even with rust - went in an hour.

I've had 6-8 pairs over the years [mainly for friends builds]. I still have my originals :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
From a guy who ran what you're looking for, I can tell you it was too loud for me. I would strongly encourage you to keep your GT mufflers for around town / daily use and swap to the GXP mufflers for the track, dyno ,etc. As soon as I got my car back from heads/cam/headers I immediately grabbed a pair of GT mufflers.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
From a guy who ran what you're looking for, I can tell you it was too loud for me. I would strongly encourage you to keep your GT mufflers for around town / daily use and swap to the GXP mufflers for the track, dyno ,etc. As soon as I got my car back from heads/cam/headers I immediately grabbed a pair of GT mufflers.
I agree. It was too loud for me too, which is why I am running GT mufflers on my GXP. I even got pulled over by a cop on the highway for going too loud once when I floored it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks MGM, that was sort of the plan. I will definitely be keeping the stock muffs just incase its too obnoxious. She was a daily since 2012 but i bought a (new to me) Ram and will only be driving the G8 in the summer or at the track...I've slowly been collecting parts, Plan is to have the G8 ready for Grid Life in Michigan this summer. Thanks for providing some input!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in Michigan with a set I've been holding for a guy who seems to be full of it. It has been 2 years and I am going to list them on marketplace.

I just touched them up visually before storage because I am OCD.

Life has been busy and I lost track of time since they were out of sight out of mind haha.

Last set I sold last year for my buddy who doesn't do social media even with rust - went in an hour.

I've had 6-8 pairs over the years [mainly for friends builds]. I still have my originals :)
Pm'd You 🦅

1 - 8 of 8 Posts