Pontiac G8 Forum banner

ISO: Rear Sway Bar Bracket Bolt and Fastener Sizes

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  GT Drew 
#1 · (Edited)
As everyone knows, stock parts are drying up and impossible to source. Does anyone here know the size of the rear sway bar bracket bolts and fasteners?

I was able to find the part numbers, but no clue on the specs
Rear Sway Bar Bracket Bolt
GM 11609410 (x2)

Rear Sway Bar Bracket Fastener
GM 11036682 (x2)

I was able to find the specs for the front sway bar bracket fasteners
Front Sway Bar Bracket Fastener
GM 11900440 (x4); M8-1.25

Any insights are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
This is for the rear bracket bolts?

#5 ·
Awesome, thanks. You certainly had better luck than I did. :)

#6 ·
Was able to locate online listings for the first and third part numbers, however it seems the second one is discontinued and perchance obsolete. Given the shipping from one company was $9 for a single nut and bolt, would suggest (gulp) visiting or calling the local stealerships parts department. At the very least, they should be able to locate two of them and may be the best viable option. Alternatively, remove the nuts and bolts and visit the local hardware store for either suitable replacements or thread measurements since most have a gauge to measure such items. Good luck

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks to Omega for pointing me in the right direction.

I was able to verify the specs for everything:
GM 11900440 - Front Sway Bar Bracket Fastener (need 4); Specs: m8 x 1.25 thread + washer
GM 11609410 - Rear Sway Bar Bracket Bolt (need 2); Specs: m8 x 1.25 thread; length: 25mm (grade 10.9)
GM 11036682 - Rear Sway Bar Bracket Fastener (need 2); Specs: m8 x 1.25 thread
Source: http://oemcats.com

My plan is to replace everything with ARP bits.
ARP 771-1002
ARP 400-8311

#10 ·
Visit a Lowe’s or Home Depot. They have plenty of stock grade 10.9 hardware. I used McMaster for shouldered bolts for my CTS V calipers. A bag of 10 was about $15.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.