Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your current tune has a bug. While the 3-2 down shift is greatly reduced and trying to kill you by lurching forward its still buggy.

45-50 mph from 3rd to 2nd (high rev but under redline for sure) it will kill its self. It shifts, its smooth but the gas is killed. Sometimes you can pull over and restart the car and it goes away. Other times you have to reset the via the programmer. When this happens it puts no codes out, it does nothing at all in terms of errors. Its basically in one hell of a limp mode, its like a fuel cutoff has been triggered.

Now I know I can shift at 60+ going from 2-3 no issues.

Anyway to role back? AKA if I floor it at 45-50 mph it will kick to 2nd and it will go into limp mode. This does not happen in stock mode at all with or without the CAI tune. Last tune did not do this. It is repeatable any day of the week right now.

If not got any suggestion how to set it up? Right now everything is superchips value except TM set at 50%.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i have a similar problem and mine is set to 25%...i may set the shift points back to stock today and see if it improves. i also think think im just going to go back to the regular 93 pref tune instead of the volant. i was chirping 3rd with just a tune. now i got the intake and axle backs and im barely getting 2nd spin and its jerky and sometimes slugish...gonna try it later and see it if helps..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Your current tune has a bug. While the 3-2 down shift is greatly reduced and trying to kill you by lurching forward its still buggy.

45-50 mph from 3rd to 2nd (high rev but under redline for sure) it will kill its self. It shifts, its smooth but the gas is killed. Sometimes you can pull over and restart the car and it goes away. Other times you have to reset the via the programmer. When this happens it puts no codes out, it does nothing at all in terms of errors. Its basically in one hell of a limp mode, its like a fuel cutoff has been triggered.

Now I know I can shift at 60+ going from 2-3 no issues.

Anyway to role back? AKA if I floor it at 45-50 mph it will kick to 2nd and it will go into limp mode. This does not happen in stock mode at all with or without the CAI tune. Last tune did not do this. It is repeatable any day of the week right now.

If not got any suggestion how to set it up? Right now everything is superchips value except TM set at 50%.
This, exact thing, happened to me, for the first time, this morning. I had to pull over and turn off the car and then turn it back on. Has anyone spoken to SC about it?

·
Registered
438 Posts
thanks. i was gonna call when i got home from work. im gonna try and retune it back to stock and drive it than try 93 pref again...than maybe the volant tune. altho im not to happy with it so far. glad it was only a 4 bucks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I need those of you having this issue to call in to customer service at your earliest convenience and log the issue with a rep.

From there forward me your tuner SN and issue tag number provided by the rep so i can bring this issue up to the engineer directly for you to help get things moving faster.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Scott

·
Registered
325 Posts
will do!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
i have a similar problem and mine is set to 25%...i may set the shift points back to stock today and see if it improves.
I've had a few issues with the new tune, including some very clunky downshift performance (significant stutter on many downshifts to 2nd). I found that putting the shift points to stock made things feel better all around, which is unfortunate since increasing the shift points was one of the main reasons I bought the tuner. In the end you might benefit from using stock shift points until the tune is straightened out.

·
Registered
587 Posts
my 2-1 downshift almost threw me out into an intersection the other day. Was trying to stop quick for red light and once I stopped, wham huge surge forward... not cool.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I've had a few issues with the new tune, including some very clunky downshift performance (significant stutter on many downshifts to 2nd). I found that putting the shift points to stock made things feel better all around, which is unfortunate since increasing the shift points was one of the main reasons I bought the tuner. In the end you might benefit from using stock shift points until the tune is straightened out.
Turns out the stock shift points didn't actually fix the issue. I guess I'll email their tech support.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lunch break?

You can send them a email, but it will take longer for a response.

Tech Support:
[email protected]
Lunch break? Damn I knew I should have negotiated that in... In all reality I sit at my desk during lunch doing my work so I can be home when I am.

Ill email them I guess, but it seems to be a bigger problem than I thought. A friend said he had this issue on his old dodge truck for a long time blaming it on the tuner. Turned out to be a fuel pump problem which our car is plagued by. I will wait to see if SC offers some real help on this and starts to nail down an issue.

For any SC employee, my friend is a beta tester of your tunes for Dodge hemi. If you want him to test/report/iron out bugs im more than willing to get him on board for this. As he already knows your procedures for testing/reporting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
HardTech
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing