Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unknown amount of Radiator Fluid in Engine...HELP!!!

My radiator fluid went everywhere because my upper radiator hose came off due to the plastic breaking.

BIG question...Pulling off my Violant intake I had fluid inside the box, within tube, but saw little drizzly on the throttle. What should I do? I know I have to buy a new radiator. But the question is the possible radiator fluid with unknown amount that may of entered.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Are you worried that coolant has gone into your engine and will hydro lock it? If yes, maybe dry everything off the best you can, take the plugs out, disconnect the fuel pump fuse, and crank the car to push any coolant out the plug holes.

I might be way off here so other opinions are welcome!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly what I am afraid of. I'm surprised I'm not getting any opinions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coolant was everywhere and and the overheated sign came on. I turned off to the side of the freeway ASAP and turned off the engine as soon as it came on. But same same thing with the radiator neck inside of the hose. I bought a new upper radiator hose and a new AC Delco radiator from Amazon two day shipping. A buddy of mine said for very temporary use, JB Plastic Weld it on and let it sit over night. then plug back the radiator hose and fill is with 50/50. baby it until my items comes in. I need a car to get around.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If the coolant went everywhere and you were still able to drive your car after (even for a little bit) your motor is safe from hydrolock. I have hydrolocked an engine in one of my old vehicles (not my proudest moment :slap:) and the motor died immediately. Just try to dry everything the best your can and if you're real worried about it do like FaskKat suggested above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My radiator just did the same thing, plastic lip on the upper hose neck broke off, I actually did the jb weld thing to create a new lip, hopefully it holds until I can order a new radiator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
BrandanG8GT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing